What's new

Paramount, please make SEs of THE SAINT and JADE (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
This is a request to Paramount for movies to make Special Editions of:

THE SAINT- There are two known deleted scenes to this movie including the climatic fight sequence where Val Kilmer's Saint is hanging from a chandlier in a burning building (seen breifly in the original theater trailer) and the scene where Elizabeth Shue's character dies (only to remain alive after test audiences wnated her character to live).

JADE- The only version released to DVD was a full frame version of the theaterical cut. I would love to see an Special Edition released to include both the theaterical cut and the unrated director's cut (which is only available on VHS) in anamorphic widscreen.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

P.S. admins and mods, feel free to add this one to the Paramount DVD Request thread in a couple of weeks.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Paramount - Please release a new version of the Val Kilmer The Saint film on DVD and HD-DVD. Thanks!

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The Saint actually has a whole ending with the chandelier fight precipitated by Shue's death. I'd love to see that restored because I always felt the movie was pretty good except for the abrupt and anticlimactic ending.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Agreed. I found the script online last night. I'd like to see the different ending.
I guess it was screened and then Noyce created an alternate ending. He states on the audio commentary that the test audiences like both endings equally as well. He comments that hopefully Paramount will allow him to do a Special Edition to release both versions too.

Here's a link to the script with the original ending that was screened, but not seen during theatrical release or home video.

Contains spoilers.

THE SAINT

I've started a petition as well.

The Saint (1997) Original Cut DVD Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Saint actually has a whole ending with the chandelier fight precipitated by Shue's death. I'd love to see that restored because I always felt the movie was pretty good except for the abrupt and anticlimactic ending.

Here it is! The dialogue is in Russian but it was good to finally see this!!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Here it is! The dialogue is in Russian but it was good to finally see this!!

Perhaps the agreement with kino will help get the Saint on blu Ray??

From the digital bits:
Speaking of Kino, the company has also recently made a deal with Paramount to release many deep catalog films on Blu-ray and DVD, so there’s hope we may yet see such classics as War of the Worlds, The Conquest of Space, When Worlds Collide, The High and the Mighty, The Sons of Katie Elder, Hondo (3D perhaps?), Dragonslayer, The Core, and many more in HD.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Not likely. I believe Mister Lime has already stated that the deal with Paramount did not include titles they previously released on DVD or Blu with the exception of some Lionsgate/Artisan and Legend Films titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks