What's new

Paramount is now officially on board! (1 Viewer)

Phil Menard

Stunt Coordinator
At ____-Mart I've just seen that all of the TREK motion picture special collector editions (grey box) have been reduced to $10.00. Possibly a good indication for HD-DVD/BRay speculation?

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'm not in the HD game just yet, but this is just another thing swaying me towards HD-DVD now.

I just hope Paramount's release pattern doesn't mirror the one they had for DVD, with titles being insanely high for a long time. I remember the Friday the 13th titles being $30 and bare bones, while similar DVDs were already at least half that price.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They already announced a MSRP for these 10 titles at $29.95 which is in line with the Universal and Warner prices.

Crawdaddy

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'll be passing on probably all of these, tho I might enjoy seeing Sky Captain again at some point-if only as a rental. But I'm still excited about the announcment as it means that a Grease HD DVD day and date with the new dvd may be a more distinct possibility.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have you watched "We Were Soldiers"? I think it's one of the best war films made in the last 20 years.

MattGuyOR

Stunt Coordinator
"I'll be passing on probably all of these, tho I might enjoy seeing Sky Captain again at some point-if only as a rental. But I'm still excited about the announcment as it means that a Grease HD DVD day and date with the new dvd may be a more distinct possibility."

Really? Is there a new Grease dvd on its way? Having seen "Grease" on that HD-DVD release list for months and months now has me really, really hoping we get it this year. I'm hoping they remaster it properly, though. The dvd wasn't all that great, but with the right people working on the HD version, it could be amazing!

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon

Crawdaddy.. Without question... Best War movie of last 20 years... Will buy HD day it comes out...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

we went thru this 2 years ago with Decision '05 when I said I was going to pass on all the titles selected and you asked me if I'd seen Random Harvest (I hadn't).
Eventually I rented that out, loved it, and subsequently bought it- so people's opinions of WWS here are being duly noted :)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

That's good to hear...let's just hope they drop their prices when (or if) other companies do.

For the record, if I get an HD-DVD player in the near future, I'll definately be picking up Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. That movie looks stunning on SD-DVD, and I can only imagine how it will look in HD.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Be interesting to see how much better, it's a very soft looking film. I cannot see HD-DVD making a huge difference.

As for We Were Soldiers, I'll pass. Saw it once, so many better war films out there.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
The Paramount titles (except Aeon Flux) are now up for preorder at Amazon.com

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what is the problem going on with the 10% discount?

i put 3 in may cart and it gave me the discount right away.

Save an additional 10% on all of your HD DVD or Blu-ray purchases for the next year. Purchase three HD DVDs (such as 'Serenity [HD DVD]') or Blu-ray discs (such as 'The Fifth Element [Blu-ray]') in one order, a player such as 'Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD Upconverting DVD Player', or a high-definition TV, and you'll automatically qualify to receive an additional 10% off all of your high-definition DVD purchases for one year. For details, go to http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/160066011

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Star Trek: The Motion Picture would be nice but they're gonna have to seriously re-work the remixed multi-channel soundtrack on the director's cut for me to consider it. There are parts of the film now where you can barely hear Goldsmith's score in favour of newly-created sound effects where once the music sang majestically from the speakers. Best example: the "Leaving Drydock" cue.

Oh, and I love how they're talking about an "Ultimate" Star Trek Movie Collection. Ultimate? Who are THEY kidding? ;-)

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks