What's new

Paramount February Releases (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Feature Films

Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow (2004)
All in a Night's Work (1961)
Hello Down There (1969)
On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (1970)
Bopha! (1993)
The Reivers (1969)

TV stuff

Chappelle's Show: The Complete Second Season
I Love Lucy: The Complete Third Season
Charmed: The Complete First Season
Cheers: The Complete Fourth Season
Frasier: The Complete Fourth Season
Taxi: The Complete Second Season
7th Heaven: The Complete Second Season
Have Gun Will Travel: The Complete Second Season

PBS productions

Fidel Castro
America Beyond the Color Line
Citizen King
Cora Unashamed
In Remembrance of Martin
Kinsey
Our Town
Echoes From the White House

-other-

A Separate Peace (Movie of the Week)

Max and Ruby: Springtime for Max and Ruby
The Amanda Show Volume 3: Totally Amanda
Drake and Josh Volume 1: Suddenly Brothers
Transformers: Energon - Omega Supreme
Transformers: Energon - Shockblast Unleashed

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Looking forward to the Sky Captain DVD! I saw it in the theater just a few weeks ago and it's possibly the closest we'll get to a modern Republic serial. What a great movie!

Lens cap.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

The co-production with Showtime that had a brief appearance with Hume Cronyn? Cool.

- Steve

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hello Down There (1969):D Love this silly 60's psychedelic aqua-cocktail.
....um...say is that a young Richard Dreyfuss in bellbottoms?

Any news on The Keep?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Looking forward to sky captain dvd as a definite purchase as well.Am i the only one who thinks, sky captain is alot like how Max Fleischers Superman would be if it were live action:) ? Enjoyed this movie very much.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait to see the specs for ON A CLEAR DAY - any extra footage - any stereo?

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Joe I doubt "On a Clear Day" will have extra footage - even though some exists. But glad to see Paramount is releasing the film anyway. I thought this one was tied up with music rights issues, so I'm glad to see everything's resolved. Yeah!

walter o

Supporting Actor
I am glad paramount is releasing movies that they never released on video, like HELLO DOWN THERE. I guess they are slowly opening up to films that never saw a commerical release from their catalog, perhaps FOUR FLIES IN GREY VELVET is next? I do hope BUSY BODY and SPIRIT IS WILLING will be next!

Claude North

Second Unit
I imagine the choice of ON A CLEAR DAY... was inspired by Streisand's upcoming return to the screen in MEET THE FOCKERS. (Universal is releasing her least-known film, ALL NIGHT LONG, next month.)

I would love to see the extra footage from the film. From what I understand, over an hour of deleted scenes exist, including Jack Nicholson's musical number and a flash-forward sequence. A restored director's cut would be ideal, but I don't think this film did well enough to warrant that sort of treatment. Still, the size of Streisand's fan base would prevent it from being a total flop, sales-wise.

Walter O's comment about Paramount opening up their back catalog makes sense. Hopefully, future releases from Paramount will include a nice mix of classics and obscurities.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
A big grin on my face over On A Clear Day, Hello Down There and All In A Night's Work.

Charles H

Screenwriter
I am pleased to see that HELLO DOWN THERE is the first Paramount dvd without a video precedent in any format. Here's hoping that THE JOKER IS WILD with Frank Sinatra in one of his greatest performances as Joe E. Lewis (witn an assist from the Sinatra estate and a commentary by Mitzi Gaynor and Eddie Albert?) and the long-delayed release of Billy Wilder's ACE IN THE HOLE (with commentary by Robert Arthur and Kirk Douglas??) cannot be far behind. Does Paramount or MCA control THE MATING SEASON (1950)?

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Holy cow! THE REIVERS on DVD!! I would've expected a longer wait for its DVD debut than just a few months from now. A guaranteed buy from me! Thanks much, Paramount (especially Martin Blythe)! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Gosh, with THE REIVERS on the immediate horizon, can fellow National General acquisitions, MONTE WALSH (1970 version) and PRIME CUT (1972), be very far away? ;)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Thank god its not the poster art which was UGLY.
The big question - Paramount does a lot of remixing for stereo for dvd. The sterep songs exist. Are they remixing this film for stereo for the dvd???

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Speaking of video M.I.A.s, how about:

The Friends of Eddie Coyle
Little Fauss and Big Halsy - not an exceptional film, but it does include a nude Lauren Hutton in her prime ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks