Senior HTF Member
Summer and Smoke
It Started in Naples
The Rainmaker
Lil Abner
Darling Lili
Anything Goes

Thanks for the new release of Rose Tattoo
and much thanks for the long awaited Half a Sixpence. It amazes me that after all these years of waiting, I can pop in an uncut widescreen, stereo dvd of Half a Sixpence.
Bravo!!!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
My Paramount wish list has dwindled nicely down from about fifty two years ago to just the following dozen titles:

ACE IN THE HOLE
CONFORMIST, THE
CRACK IN THE WORLD, A
DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS
FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE, THE
IF...
MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK
NAKED PREY, THE
ONE-EYED JACKS
PHASE IV
REDS
ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS

...all of them already mentioned!
I, too, hope Mr. Blythe still peruses these threads.

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
ACE IN THE HOLE
The Conformist
Miracle of Morgan's Creek
We're No Angels
If...
I would also love to see some of Paramount's silent films released on DVD, if not thru Paramount, Criterion or Kino.
Also, I am really looking forward to Paramount releasing some of the Republic titles that will be back in their posesion next year, but it may not be until 2006 before we see them.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
I vote for The Rainmaker (1956), Robinson Crusoe on Mars and Reds. Also, the stereo version of The War of the Worlds, especially since the Spielberg/Cruise version is on its way. Thanks.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
When are we going to get a posting for the first part of 2005? We usually get updates on Paramount.

I do believe there is talk of a SE for WAR OF THE WORLDS.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Paramount is doing a good job in getting classic TV to the market. I hope the trend continues with:

Perry Mason
Get Smart!

Steve

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Jonathan Livingston Seagull is my number one request (still).

If... is close behind, along with Boorman's Beyond Rangoon and any more Bertolucci.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

Rex, you were right. Thanks. I have updated my list of movies I'm holding of on until I get anamorphic with the correct studio info.

Barrie Maxwell

Stunt Coordinator
Anthony Mann's The Furies from 1950 with Barbara Stanwyck and Walter Huston would be an excellent choice for Paramount's next wave of westerns.

Barrie

Brian E

Screenwriter
I'm in the same situation & would buy a DVD of this in a second.

Also, I see in the thread about the HTF Trip that you have no plans to release Wings. Please reconsider this decision.

Tim_C

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to see "Wings" on DVD, along with "The Miracle of Morgan's Creek," "If...," "The African Queen" and "Ace in the Hole."

I would also love to see some more silent releases.

Matt-R

Grip
My Paramount '05 Wish List:

Student Bodies
The Sender
Bugsy Malone
if...
Let's Scare Jessica To Death
Looking For Mr. Goodbar

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Also, after watching The Court Jester again, I was horrified by how awful the source was for the transfer.

The first reel looks like 16mm. The rest of the film is out of focus and lacking in any detail. The sound is distorted in parts.

According to Paramount's website, here's the elements held for the film:

* Original camera negative (VistaVision)
* IN
* IP
* YCM separation masters (VisaVision)
* YCM separation masters (4 perf)
* Magnetic mono composite audio master
* Music and effects magnetic masters
* High Definition tape master

Somehow, there has to be a way to get a decent restoration for this film.

Chuck Shugar

Auditioning
I also want to support "Love With The Proper Stranger" put forward by Ken. I don't understand why such a fine Natalie Wood vehicle (for which she received an Oscar nomination) hasn't been released.

Chuck

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
my want list for Paramount titles in '05 remains the same as my want lists from 2002, 2003 and 2004.

just three titles

Love With The Proper Stranger (as Chuck above said, a superior movie in both Woods and McQueens catalog)
Let's Scare Jessica To Death
and
Billy Wilders finally-begining-to-be-appreciated Ace In The Hole

don't be needing no special 2 disc blow out features to make me a happy camper either...just a solid a/v presentation and i'd be ecstatic

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I know I might be alone in this forum, but I know more fans are out there for this release. I would love for a new edition of Clueless to be released for the 10 year anniversary. The present DVD release is nothing but the movie and a few trailers. It would be a great release with anything added, (commentaries, featurettes, even the VHS had a music video.) I hope to see something soon, if not, I understand, there are many great movies that have not even been released and I can't complain, Paramount is doing a great job.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
According to The Digital Bits, CARRIE (Laurence Olivier), THE MATCHMAKER (Shirley's Booth & MacLaine) and A NEW KIND OF LOVE (Newman & Woodward) are all due 1/18/2005. They are the first catalogue title announcents from Paramount for new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks