What's new

Paramount - Becket (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Richard Burton. Peter O'Toole. 1964, 2.35:1 ratio.
I figured that, since I'm bugging/begging MGM for "My Favorite Year", I should follow up and beg for this other great Pete O'T masterpiece. I know, Richard Burton is the supposed star...but O'Toole steals the show with the best lines!
"There. That's the Great Seal of England. Don't lose it. Without the seal, there's no more England, and we'll all have to pack up and go back to Normandy."
"I'm suddenly very intelligent. It probably comes from making love to that French girl last night."
"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?"
The pan-and-scan copy I taped off of PBS over 10 years ago is about worn out, and I would love to have this in OAR and in a nice print.
Please please please pretty please?...
biggrin.gif

Any thoughts, Martin? This really is an awesome film, and I would love to add it to my library. I believe you guys still have the rights to it. How about it?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Paramount does not own this...it is now the property of MPI. I have already contacted MPI and their reponse was, "We do not know when there will be a DVD release." I suggest contacting them with your request. I had a thread on this a few weeks ago, and there seemed to be interest in soliciting the company.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for letting me know. I'll go "search" again and use the info there. Maybe I typo'ed, but I didn't see anything last time.
Who is MPI? The name doesn't ring a bell off of the top of my head, except for hearing a tidbit about perhaps a film they own with the Beatles. My wife is the Beatles fan, so I'll ask her when she wakes up.
Thanks again for the info!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I just sent e-mail to MPI asking about Becket. I'll let you all know what they say, if anything.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, I got a real quick reply from MPI. Of course it was quick; it didn't exactly take a long time for them to write it!
It was so curt, it almost felt rude. Here it is:
Dear David,
At this time we have no information on Becket for the DVD. Perhaps in the future.
Thank you,
Joyce
Customer Service
Comments? Ideas? Suggestions?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Just keep at 'em. If there is enough interest shown - say, in a very long threads of posts - they might look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks