What's new

Paramount: Apocalypse Now special edition (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I was very dissapointed when I saw the list of bonus features, or feature for Apocalypse Now Redux.

This film deserves a special edition with bonus features. The story of the production of the film is interesting and would be great for a commentary track by Coppola.

A special edition should also contain some of the deleted scenes that were not included in Redux. I have seen several additional scenes which Coppola said that they do not exist.

I believe that Paramount also owns video rights to Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse. Hearts of Darkness is probably the best film NOT on DVD. It is as powereful as the film it is about. It should be released separately or in a box set of a special edition.

Please consider this

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I'm bringing this thread back because I heard RUMORS that Coppola recorded a commentary track. Any updates?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Hi
There was an article here in the UK in DVDreview I believe that had an interview with Kim Aubry of Zoetrope stating that they were planning an Ultimate Edition to end all versions and the reason for no commentary was that he just came off doing 9 hours of Godfather plus pressure from the studio for releasing it faster than they planned themselves.
I'll try and find the link
Oscar
;)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I will chime in and say that I will purchase Apocalypse Now for the third time, IF Hearts of Darkness is included. Anything less and I doubt I would buy again.
Bruce

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think that a special edition should mainly include three things: Hearts of Darkness, Coppola commentary, and deleted scenes (not in the Redux version).

BUT, I have heard RUMORS that Coppola does not want Hearts of Darkness on DVD. I can't imagine why, maybe it has something to do with his comments in the film about the French Plantation scene.

Raymond Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as a customer.....whenever it gets released!

Though one other thing that would truly make it special is it's original 2:35 aspect ratio!

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Though one other thing that would truly make it special is it's original 2:35 aspect ratio!
I would love to see Apocalypse Now in its OAR too, but I don't think it will ever happen. I would blame Vittorio Storaro for cropping it.
More information can be found here:
American Zoetrope
and here:
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks