Paramount Announcement: 48 Hours(Eddie Murphy, Nick Nolte) on February 22nd 2011!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Mr. Pacino, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino Second Unit

According to blu-ray.com Paramount will release "48 Hours" on February 22nd.

The sequel "Another 48 Hours" won´t release yet!

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I've seen this in Hi def, lets hope they remaster it, because the Hi Def thats showing on TV is not great. The film was retty low budget and it shows

3. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Count me in

4. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'll definitely pick this up sometime....it pisses me off that Paramount is not planning to release Another 48 Hours as well. It would make sense to release both at the same time to maximize sales. I wish that Paramount would do a remaster for both AND release 48 Hours as a special edition....I consider this film to be one of Eddie Murphy's best films and it deserves an SE.

5. Kevin EK

Kevin EK Producer
    Reviewer

The frustrating part of this is that the only announced special feature is the trailer.

There are a fair number of deleted scenes, including most of Annette O'Toole's role, which could have been included without much trouble.
    A retrospective featurette wouldn't have hurt either.

6. Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino Second Unit

Hopefully Paramount will release Eddie Murphy´s most popular/sucessful film "Beverly Hills Cop" in 2010 as well.....