What's new

Paramount: Airplane! special edition (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
In the commentary, there are many mentions that many scenes were cut out due to the MPAA or because the test audience did not laugh. I would like to have all of those scenes back in some how so we could all see if they were or were not funny.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The current DVD, which I'm proud to say I own, has a top-notch video/audio transfer, funny commentary (Z-A-Z and Jon Davidson), and the trailer. I think the "rape scene" doesn't really exist...I'm hoping they were just kidding!

With such a great current DVD, I think it would be sad if Paramount made an SE of this instead of working on titles they haven't even released to DVD yet.

Will K

Screenwriter
Sadly, it doesn't appear Paramount has any plans to revisit this one anytime soon. Still, I'd like to see another edition complete with the extra footage that was added back in for network broadcast. Same for the Naked Gun films.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I'm very happy with the current release, but I too would love to see some of the footage that was added to to the Network Broadcast be put onto a future DVD release. Those scenes are hilarious.

Ditto for The Naked Gun, in fact..even more so. I didn't purchase The Naked Gun based on the fact that I have the YV version which I find much more enjoyable.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
WHat's special about the 'YV' version.
In theory Paramount wouldn't have to revisit them. How about a ZAZ box set with an extra DVD containing outtakes and stuff from all the movies Paramount have the rights to?
EDIT: I meant to say 'and then make the box and the extra disc available separately so we don't have to buy twice'!:b :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks