Paradise Hotel......

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by dave_brogli, Jun 18, 2003.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Oh my god lets call it instead Clamydia Hotel. wow, how tacky is this show, I only wanted to give it a chance, well, its 8:30. Im done.

Does anyone else like this show?? Who is the audience geared to? 13-18 year olds?

but on a lighter note..........
    Wow Charla (sp?) is way hot!

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

charla's just a britney spears rip-off
    lol

anyone else watch this...... (nope guess not)

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Caught the last 30 minutes of this "yet another backstabbing hook-up" show, and wondered why Toni (ol' big breasted bug eyes herself) is on this show? She was on that other Fox show last year where it was about couples getting voted off in a rather complicated manner in a tropical setting.

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

The rules seem to need some work. Anyone who turns out not to be straight would screw up the show. They seem to have set the hook-up rules to prevent that from happening, though.

And whoever goes last in the mate selection is at a huge disadvantage.

Plus, if I understood their promo, the guys get to vote on who comes on next. I;m not sure if the girls do as well. Wouldn't the guys tend to vote for whoever thought had the least chance witht he ladies so they could stay on? Only the opposite-sex contestants should get to select the new one.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Anyone know what the endgame is for this show? Just to stay in the hotel the longest?

Toni's talk with Charla was hilarious at the end when Charla gave Toni the hand when she dissed Toni's strategerie talk.

6. Chuck Schick

Chuck Schick Stunt Coordinator

I can't believe this- my girlfriend found out about this show, now I'm regularly watching 4 reality shows:

- Paradise Hotel
    - I'm With Busey
    - Love or Money
    - America's Next Top Model

What the hell happened to me?

Patrick- you will remember Toni from last summer's "Love Cruise". I almost dropped my beer when I saw her. She has to be the most obnoxious and unappealing person on any of these idiotic shows that I can't stop watching. I think that the surprise at the end of this show is that we finally find out that she's a man.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Eww...I can get on with my life without seeing that revelation!

8. Chuck Schick

So what is the point of the show exactly? If they come out of paradise hotel without any coldsores, they get a prize? And if the people at the hotel get replaced with audience members every week, when does the show end?

9. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

The show guys, lasts forever.
    Im sorry [​IMG]

10. Chuck Schick

I think my favorite part was when they cut to the "hidden" camera in the guys' room right before they came out to meet the women. 3 of them were doing pushups to look more ripped. HAHAHAHA

11. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

I think Toni just invented a new class of "celebrity" on reality TV show. We know about B-listers (Danny Bonaducci, Vince Neil, Emmanuel Lewis) getting in on the action, and I'd even say some of the contestants on the bigger (e.g. Survivor, Bachelor) have become B-list celebs themselves (for about 4 months). However, if you lose at a C-level reality show (i.e. Love Cruise), but then they bring you back, we have your first D-LIST REALITY STAR!!! Tune in weekly for this winner folks.

Jeremy

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think Toni qualifies as a DD-List Reality Star.

13. Chuck Schick

A friend told me that Toni was also on Blind Date Acapulco recently. I guess she drank her date under the table and then had her way with him. Ewwwwwwwww

14. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Dave, I doubt the show can last too long. After a while, they'd end up with regular couples and a rotating person.

15. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Why am I sitting here watching this again?

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Actually, the best part was the competition to see which 2 new guys were going to get on the show. Too bad the women went "safe" and picked Dave over Tom, who was "bringing it".

If I see Toni with that fakish anguish crying face once more...

17. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I like Dave. I don't think I could stand Tom for an entire episode. They would have had to put up with him for a week.

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

But Tom would really get the hate-on going strong on the guy's side. Then again, the previews are supposed to make you think that Dave's got game too.

Anyhoo, there really isn't an endgame in sight, is there? It does seem like they make up rules as they go along too.

That whole scene with Charla on her knees on the beach puking her guts out, and Andon't getting miffed at being called "Alex" and is a afraid to offer her some help/comfort because he doesn't want to get puked on. Classy dude...

19. Chuck Schick

I like the impromptu "ass grabbing" contest- especially the graphic that said "Zack - Voted Best Ass".

What's next?

I can see the hostess getting up there next week and in her sexy accent saying, "Ladies, there is only one man in front of you who does not have an STD. If you choose him, you will get a free pass this week and will not be eliminated."

PS- If Toni is really in her 20's I'll eat my hat. She doesn't look a day under 35

20. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter