Paradigm Studio 100's vs. version 2 and NHT 2.9

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Popovich, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Chris Popovich

Chris Popovich Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys,
    I currently have Paradigm studio 100's and I've been looking around at some other speakers, and wondered if anyone has done a direct comparison between the version 1 and 2? Also, has anyone directly compared the Paradigms to the NHT 2.9? I go to listen to the NHT's in a week or so, just curious what the consensus is, accuracy, detail, ease at high volumes and low fatigue are all important, I'll probably be driving either with a Parasound HCA-1500A or -maybe- an ACURUS A200. Thanks!
    Chris

2. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

I can't speak to the Paradigm's; though from what I have read they are excellent speakers.
    As for the NHT 2.9's, I have listened to them. They are as powerful, yet neutral, as the entire NHT line - it is their signature sound, IMHO. I listened to them and their cousins the 3.3's both with an Aragon (high-end amp by Mondial, the makers of the Acurus line) and a Parasound driving them.
    They sang on both. I found the sound of the Parasound a better match, solely for the sweetness it adds to the sound; because of their neutrality, NHTs can reveal what your amps do to the sound, and pairing them with a bright amp really adds to the fatigue factor.
    That being said, I spent literally hours listening to the 3.3s paired with the Aragon. I still wish I had had the money - and the room - to purchase them; they are SO entrancing...
    Mike