What's new

Paradigm Studio 100, 80, or 60 Owners (1 Viewer)

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
How many of you run your mains as large?

If you do, where do you put the cutoff frequency (if allowable on the pre/pro)?

If your answer was yes, do you also run a sub?

If your answer was no, at what frequency do you cutoff the mains? 80Hz? 60Hz?

Thanks

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Sub/Small/80Hz...

Mat,

I've tried various settings on the 100's and this one sounds best.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
I have the 60's, and have tried all sorts of different settings.

What I've settled on for most situations is this on my HK 525:

mains: small x-over 40Hz
center and surrounds: small and 60 Hz
sub (PW2200): 40 Hz

Every once in a while when I really want to push it to the max, I set everything to 80 Hz, to give a little bit more protection to the speakers, but it does sound a little bit more boomy like this.

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
I run the 100's as large. The rest as small cut off at 80Hz. I picked 80 due to all the discusions about BM in the AVM-20 thread.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I use my Studio-100 as small, crossover at 80 with a Servo-15, when listening to HT.

For music, I crossover at 60, and sometimes put them use them as large.

AllenP

Auditioning
I have NHT 2.9 for my mains and a vs-2 for the center with a pair of superzeros for surrounds and a SVS 16-46 for my sub. After reading the article above I went back and set my mains to small and then watch PH bomb sences. I thought it sounded good. Then I put the mains back to large and I noticed and Improvement. I felt like the music was a little warmer and fuller. I will keep my mains to Large. I like the paradigms and I am looking at them for my next speaker upgrade but I will be getting the 100's with the 40 for surrounds and their big center channel speaker to match the 100's.
Allen

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Hey! Why is 40's excluded from this thread??? I have 40's as my front speakers and I currently have it set as small at 80Hz with SVSubwoofer. For my small room this helps elimate a lot of booming bass effect because I have the speakers too closed to the wall. However, when this was set up in a much larger living room with cathedral ceil, I had set the 40's up as large and with sub and it sounded great.

This is an interesting thread. I never thought so many people would set their floor standing speakers as small. But I guess it all comes down to a matter of personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks