What's new

Paradigm Speakers (1 Viewer)

RobertJeffG

Auditioning
I've narrowed my search to paradigm speakers, and want some feedback on the price.

I really enjoy the Paradigm sound and I got a quote of 1150.00 cdn for:

Titan Fronts & rears
CC 170 Centre
Sub PDR 10

Would you stick with the Titan's in the rear or choose the ADP's

Any thoughts?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
The only way to choose between Titans and ADPs is to take a DVD and a multi-channel music disk to the dealer and try them both. Most people would prefer the ADPs as surrounds, but a few prefer direct-radiating speakers. Better try both before you buy!:D

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I had a similar question until I heard a one of my CD's played through the ADP-370 which was driven by a Pioneer Elite 54TX. It sounded great to me, but that's just my opinion. Garrett is right in that you have to listen to it yourself.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Yung:
Can you elaborate on how music sounded with the ADPs? What did you compare it to? And what is the sound like through a dipole?

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Alan,

I brought my DSOM CD into listen to the Pioneer Elite. This one retailer carried both the Elite and Paradigms. The dealer didn't have any of the Atoms or Titans on display. Since I told him I was also interested in the ADP-170 as surrounds, he played music through the ADPs. It sounded pretty good to me. However, I discovered it was the ADP-370 (which is in the Monitor line) and not the 170s. If the 170s sound anything like they did on the 370s then I would be happy. I didn't directly compare it to anything, but the sound was clear. It was a relatively small listening room..maybe 12 x 10, but I think you really need to go to your dealer and listen to the Titans and ADPs.

Are you going to be using this for HT as well as multi-channel music? Going with the Titans will certainly save you some money though. My plan is to get Atoms for Mains, CC-170 as center and ADP-170 as surrounds. When I move to a 7.1 set-up, I may move the Atoms to the rear and get better Mains.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks