What's new

Paradigm Servo-15? (1 Viewer)

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
I need to put a sub in my small bedroom to keep up with my Klipsch RF3's. I like very deep, loud bass, but I like it to sound VERY good as well.
How much does a Servo 15 retail in CDN dollers? Also, how much did you pay for yours?
Thanks for any replies;)

KeithBR

Agent
James, Nice HT room you built! Where did you get your movie seating for your room? I haven't seen seats like that on any site, they are usually made out of leather. I love leather for car seats but hate it for home seating.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I've had quotes as low as $1200 without the crossover here in Vancouver and somebody mentioned a similar price out in Ontario.

Patrick

Cam S

Screenwriter
I was looking at it for $950, but I've got connections at the home audio place here. I opted for a Shiva/AVA250 instead, maybe would have been a good idea to go for the Servo-15 hey?

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Wow! My dealer said something like $1800. Anyone in edmonton get a good price? Mabey I can go there and ship one out here:)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Wow! My dealer said something like $1800. Anyone in edmonton get a good price? Mabey I can go there and ship one out here
Ouch, must not be many dealers near you for him to quote what I think is a price over MSRP.

If you go into Edmonton or Calgary I'm sure you'll be able to find a dealer who will sell it to you for $1200 or so.

Patrick

Nick V

Second Unit
Hey Cam,
You should buy that Servo-15 for $950, I'll drive down to Kelowna and buy it off you for $1050. You'll make an easy $100 and I'll get a great price on a great sub.
Sound like a plan?? ;)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Buy two subs, one for you and one for Nick V. Actually, you could also opt for a Mirage BPS-400 which can be had for the very same $950.00 CAD plus taxes. I bought one for that price last summer and another guy in the Toronto area is picking up another one for that very same price where I bought mine and perhaps some other people might catch on. I think mid-summer expensive hi-fi goes on sale for the sake of generating sales when people aren't spending so much on hi-fi. Everybody is outside bbq'ing, camping, swimming, cycling and running around in the great outdoors and not spending as much time inside so stereo and video equipment sales probably dip down.

I'd say look for the Servo or Mirage BPS-400 for $950.00 plus tax and don't pay a penny more.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Nick, only problem is that I don't have the cash right now. I could do check the price and see what I can do, let me know if your serious. BTW, the $950 isn't tax's in, so I'd have to charge you 100 bucks ontop of the final price.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Cam's sub is very similar to an Adire Dharman. And the Dharman can compete quite well with the Velodyne HGS15. A servo15 wouldn't be an upgrade.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Thanks Keith for the comments, I got the chairs from a guy in town who got them from a local theatre that got torn down, they are very old.

$950 is an amazing price! I got a connection with a dealer in town and he told me $1500 taxes in, so that's $1300. I thought it was a deal, but now I'll have to wheel and deal some more. I thought I saw it listed at a store for $1250 once.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
If you can't find it for $950.00, and are willing to drive to Toronto, you can get it here for that at Kennedy Hi-Fi if they keep it up. Just call ahead first :)

Nick V

Second Unit
Cam,
I was just joking around with you, although if you wouldn't mind checking what price you can get on it I might be willing to go through with it. I have a brother in Victoria that I'll probably be visiting this summer, and I might pick it up on the way back if you can still get a good price. It's a little bit of a detour, but it would probably be worth it, rather than spending $800-900 on a PW-2200. That's what I was quoted without haggling.:angry:
Thanks,
Nick

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Wow, driving from Ottawa is not too bad, but for those out in BC, you're on your own :) I'm sure you can find a Mirage BPS-400 for $950.00. If they can be found here for that price, there must be a way to obtain one there for close to $950.00 CAD :cool:

Nick V

Second Unit
Maybe I'm being discriminated against being that I'm only 18 years old. I think that maybe the salespeople don't take me seriously and just quote me the MSRP.

And, the salesman that I bought almost all of my stuff from, who actually did give me a good discount, doesn't work at Audio 5.1 anymore(the store where I bought my Paradigm Monitor Series speakers) so I have to start fresh. ARGH!! I hate this SH1T!!

Blair Gifford

Stunt Coordinator
Keep trying nick you can haggle your price down.
I bought my studio 60's and studio cc for $1500 taxes in and I'm only 19. I've also bought an anthem amp and an onkyo 797 with the similar results. Just be patient.

Blair Gifford

Stunt Coordinator
I cannot say. And I didn't buy it all in Edmonton either. I shopped around. There are more stores than audio 5.1 and audio ark(treat me like a fool because im young. and i will never shop there.) within driving distance. especially if you are going to save hundreds of dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks