What's new

paradigm pw 2200 for 200 bucks (1 Viewer)

London Lawson

Second Unit
i dont know muchabout speakers but isnt this a good brand. i was at a pawnshop and they had one for 200 bucks. still had the tags on it. i told they guy i would get back with him

should i buy?

Aaron_Mum

Stunt Coordinator
That's a very nice sub. What do you mean it still has the tags on it (they come boxed up in plastic)? For $200 bucks I'd make sure it works first but it may be a steal of a deal!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, if it works, that's a SMOKIN deal. I don't think the pawn shop guy knows what he has on his hands!!

London Lawson

Second Unit
it has a tag that says something like best sub under a 1000 blah blah blah

i called the guy at the pawnshop and he said i could have a 5 day return window to test it out etc... he closed at 5 but ill go get it tuesday.

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
get it...definitely. that is an unbeliveable deal. but, make sure you put it through the paces during that 5 day window to make sure it's not defective. that's a hell of a deal. you'll be very happy with the sub for a modest size room (i've had one for 5 years and love it).

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Run your favorite bass-heavy DVD through it (I'm partial to The Matrix Revolutions) and listen for everything a subwoofer shouldn't do. High pitched squealing, flapping, making an "ack-ack-ack-ack" sound, smoke coming out the back et cetera.

Basically if your bassiest movie doesn't make you think 'Hey, theres something obviously wrong with my subwoofer" then it probably isn't broken.

London Lawson

Second Unit
i just hooked it up and wow!!! i can tell a major difference just watching tv(mtv and commercials) over my aiwa htib sub. there are a few dials to adjust but im not sure what or how. and i have it in the front left corner of my room aimed at the side wall. how should i place it? front or back of the room? the room is about 12X18 or so, not exact by any means

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Where you have it sounds fine. I'm SURE it will be a CONSIDERABLE upgrade from ANY HTiB sub. That's one hell of a deal. You should probably aim it out into the room, not directly at the wall. Set the phase to 0 and adjust volume so that it is not overpowering everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks