Paradigm or Energy Encore?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Al Jefferson, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Al Jefferson

Al Jefferson Extra

I thought I had made up my mind about getting the Energy Encores to replace my Bose speakers. They got good reviews and look good. Then I ran across a classified ad for a pair of Paradigm mini monitors v.1, Paradigm monitor 7's v.1, and a Paradigm CC350 for $800. If I got the Paradigm's I would buy a sub seperately.

My question is, is their a notable difference between the two as far as looks and sound? Thanks!

2. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

I've heard great things about the Encore series. I do, however, have (or will within the week) the setup from Paradigm that you speak of. I really love the Monitor 7's which I've had for a little over a year. I'm a bit jealous as I spent $1200 for this setup (v.2) [​IMG] If you can, take a listen to each, your ears won't lie.

3. Mike Main

Mike Main Stunt Coordinator

Ive had Encores for a year and half and they are very good.

They are in my living room teamed with a Sony receiver. No complaints.. The matched sub provides enough punch to pick up the lows from these satellites.

I might have some pics email or pm if u wanna see

Mike

4. EricHaas

EricHaas Supporting Actor

Is size an issue for you? The Encores obviously have the advantage of compactness.

I own Paradigm Reference and have demoed Paradigm Monitors and the Encore system. The Encore system is THE best system consisting of micro sized speakers anywhere to my ears. They are a cut above the Take 5.2's, which are widely regarded as an outstanding value. That said, I marginally prefer the Paradigm Monitor series sonically. However, those are version 1's and I have only heard the version 2's. Bottom line is that you will not go wrong with either, and for strictly HT purposes it is going to be a toss-up, with music giving a slight nod to the Paradigms. BTW, the Encore's are available online for just south of a grand.

5. Junie

Junie Agent

The best thing to do is to listen to the speakers and see which one you like best. I'm not familar with the Encore system, but i just brought a pair of the Mini Monitors and WOW!! they sound great! I have no complaints. They have made a world of difference in my system. The only thing is they are not good for putting on a enclosed shelf with the ports on the back the bass will be overenhanced. Great speaker.

PEACE!!!!

6. Junie

Junie Agent

OH Yeah I almost forgot.The price is right for the Mini Monitors around 350.00 for the pair I have demoed speakers costing twice as much that don't sound as good (to me).

PEACE!!!

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I have Mini Monitors as my mains (v2) and I am very pleased with them. I am looking for another pair of bookshelf speakers for my second system. I was considering another set of Minis, but I for the price, I am considering some alternatives. The Minis will remain in my main system however, because I am very happy with them.

8. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I have this very same Paradigm set up as in the classified ads. I would check to see how long the person has had these. If less than 5 years, I think the warranty will carry-over to the new owner.

I really like the sound of this system. The Monitor 7s are floor-standing speakers, but don't take up all that much space. As everyone else has said, audition them and let your own ears be the judge.