What's new

paradigm or definitive tech (1 Viewer)

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
I am trying to figure out weather I want the 70 series paradigms or definitive techs satelite system (I am not sure what the model number is) However they are the same price. I need satelites becasue of a built in cabinet that wont alow for anything bigger than a normal bookshelf size speaker. I am planning on buy 4 sats and a center. When money permits I am planning on moving the two front sats to the rear for a 7.1 setup (probably about christmas bonus time). Then I will invest in some more expensive bookshelfs. The guy at the store told me that the def techs will create a bigger sweet spot (sorry dont know the tech term for that) But to me the def techs didnt sound as crisp as the paradigms. But he was right no matter where I sat or stood in there mock up theater room. The sound never seemed to change with the def techs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
I came down to the same decision making as you 3 years ago.Paradigm or Def-tech.I ended up with Def-techs after listening for about 3 hours.They just sounded a little better to me.I have the bipolar towers so I can't really comment on the satellites.Having Def-techs and hearing nothing but good things about Paradigm,I don't think you can go wrong with either.The key to this is to grab your favorite CD & DVD and do some serious listening,then make up your own mind and be happy with your decision.Good luck.

Wayner

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Tough choice. Both have good reputations around here.

My advice would be to take some of your favorite music CD's and do an audition with Music. This will show you differences that a DVD soundtrack will not.

And remember that tastes in speakers is like tastes in ice-cream: your favorite and mine may not be the same.

So go with whichever speaker "tastes" better to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks