What's new

Paradigm Monitor Price (1 Viewer)

WalterC

Auditioning
Hello

I'm looking into venturing above the border in Canada to purchase my first home theater. I have settled on the Paradigm monitor series. Below are the prices I have been quoted so far. Are these close to Canadian MSRP prices? Any recommendations? Do I have to show up in person to actually get a better deal given to me? Any advice would be appreciated.

BTW. The trip will take approximately 7 hours from Minnesota.

Monitor 7 - $709

CC370 - $350

Mini Monitors - $380

Thank You

Walter

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Looks like a decent deal to me, although, honestly 7 hours one way is a long drive. Gas.... food... dealer help far away should you ever need it.... I don't know that it's worth it at all, spending all that time, let alone the money (may end up MORE expensive), as the US dollar is relatively weak to the canadian dollar now, and for about 1500 bucks worth of stuff, you might be better off going to a local dealer, especially if you've taken their time auditioning their paradigms.

WalterC

Auditioning
Thanks for the input Chris. I will actually be driving up near the area for my Honeymoon in two weeks. So it wouldnt really be an "extra trip". I figured since I'll be there this will be a perfect time to swing by and pick my speakers. Somehow I had assumed most people can usually go 15-25% lower from the Candian MSRP prices??

Any more suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Well, then, that changes things. ;) What better than to go buy speakers on your honeymoon :D . Yeah, people do get good deals in canada, and if you're close it may be worth it. Obviously making a long trip, from say texas, to save 50 bucks on a pair of speakers is pretty dumb, but if you're making a big purchase, with sub, and big speakers and the whole thing, it may be worth it. Than again, I personally think that once you reach the point of spending big bucks so that the savings are worth it, spending those few extra dollars at your local dealer who can help you and all that is worth it (if it's a good dealer). As long as you're gonna be up there though, you might catch a good deal. That sounds like a decent enough deal to me, i forget exactly what the US price for the monitor 7s are, though. And I can't recall if the cc370 is 350, or 300, I'm thinking 350 though, USD. 350 for the mini monitors USD.

Those are nice speakers though. You may even want to inquire about the outgoing studio V2s, you might catch a stellar deal on those, if there are any left, and end up with an even better setup.

Josh~H

Stunt Coordinator
Curtis -

I brought home my 6 speakers - Atoms, ADP-170, CC-170, PDR-10 - in my miata. His speakers are a little bigger, but most cars are much bigger than the miata. So long as he packs lightly for his honeymoon (hey, gotta get priorities straight), he'll have plenty of room. :)

WalterC

Auditioning
Curtis

I will be driving my Audi A4. Back seats should be long enough to fit the towers. and huge trunk space.

Thanks

walter

MikeTrotter

Agent
Wow seven hour drive!I agree with Wiggles.I would try to find a dealer closer to me also.So if there were any problems.I also noticed the prices looked Ok except on the monitor 7's.When I upgraded my mains 3 months ago,I got the 7's for 639.00 a pair new.Hopefully when you purchase you can get a little bit better deal.Good Luck

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Generally you can get 20-25% off Canadian MSRP for Paradigm's here.

From this link in Jan 2002, CDN MSRP for your package 'was' 1580 CDN (now about 1150US).
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...837#post345837

If you take even 15-20% off that you are looking in the 950-1000US range. Add 7% GST which can be refunded at the Border, plus Provincial Sales Tax which you will have to eat (I think it's 8% in Ontario but I may stand corrected by someone from that Province).

You'll have to do the dealing yourself at the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks