What's new

Paradigm focus (1 Viewer)

Stephen_Rob

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone used these?
I was thinking of replacing my atoms for these as my front speakers. Are they any better then the titans.
can anyone help me

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I believe the Focus fit in between the Titans and Mini Monitors. It seems similar to the Titans except for the 1" tweeter over the 3/4" tweeter of the Titans. I would only get the Focus if you plan on replacing the center channel with a CC-270 because it also has the 1" tweeter.

I would get the Titans but if you wanted to spend a little more, go for mini-monitors.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

YES! I own both mini monitors and titans, and they are both AMAZING bargains. The focus is the same line as the titans and the atoms, same driver design, but bigger enclousure, little bigger driver, so most likely just a little bit more extension and max SPL in the bass department, but the sound will be about the same. The mini monitors have great sound, much clearer and detailed, and very good all around. Replacing your atoms with titans or focus will not net you a significant increase in sound quality, but probably slightly better bass for music and such. Going with mini monitors (about 350) will give you a much better sound indeed. Go listen, they're hard to beat.

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I do not own Paradigm speakers because I am a poor high school student, but from what I've observed, the Paradigm models seem to go in this order based on recommendations and observations I've picked up here:

Micro
Atom
Titan
Mini-monitor
And so on...

The way it seems is after the Titan all you're spending money on is bass extension and so people tend to upgrade to the monitor line after the Titan. I'm sure it's the same thing between the monitor line and the studio line, but I'm not too sure where the cut-off point is before you're better of spending the same money on the studio 20s. This is all assuming you have a subwoofer capable of suiting your bass needs.
Anyone feel free to correct me since I don't have any first hand experience with the speakers, just my observations from posts like this.

Andrew

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
are the monitor 3 worth the extra over the mini monitors
I've heard many on the forum say that the Monitor 3's sound worse than mini-monitors. Mostly due to the large 8" cone being a little unsuitable for midrange. If you could spend the extra to get the monitor 5s I'm sure they would be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks