What's new

Panny ZT-series (Finally) Out of Stock (1 Viewer)

porterdavidm

Auditioning
Real Name
David Porter
I am recently in the market for a new, larger display to replace my six year old 50" Pioneer 5050HD. It's still going strong, I only want a larger screen for our main viewing room. I have been researching plasma vs LCD, 2K vs 4K, etc., and for two days have been debating purchasing a Panasonic 60" ZT-series. Best Buy was the only major retailer I could find with units still in stock for order, and I was ready to buy. Unfortunately, I checked today, and they are (finally) out of stoc nationwide. So now I need to find a second-choice.I've read a lot about the Samsung F8500 units. Not sure other good options. I definitely want plasma, but have been out of the market since 2008, so I'm not sure if there is a standard-bearer these days. Any help or advice is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. David

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your only other option is LG. Problem is, they dropped their THX for this model year. So their "best" is equal to a Panny ST.

porterdavidm

Auditioning
Real Name
David Porter
schan1269 said:
Your only other option is LG. Problem is, they dropped their THX for this model year. So their "best" is equal to a Panny ST.
So, to put you on the spot: You'd go Samsung in this case?[Edit] Thanks for the quick reply!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Unless you are willing to buy a VT instead.

If you care about 3D...it has been noted, all year, the F6500 and F8500 are superior to Panny.

Take 3D off the table...VT and ZT win easily.

porterdavidm

Auditioning
Real Name
David Porter
Definitely would consider the VT. However, while posting to this thread last night, I checked, and now that one is also completely out of stock. Looks like they were down to only one or two units nationwide.

So my next question would be - are there any reputable online retailers I should try. Amazon doesn't have these units; some of its Marketplace sellers do, but I'm not sure if they can be trusted. Would love to know who the key, current retailers are that I should check out.
Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Some of the resellers are fine.I've never(and don't ever plan to) bought a large item online.If a seller has White Glove service available...they are usually reputable.I do know of one on the east coast that is quite good. I used to work for a wholesaler into Amazon(among many others). A marketplace seller has the option of self-fulfilling or Amazon. On the brands we had...that were sold through the marketplace...we still fulfilled 70%.Basically. If you live west coast. Buy east coast...you are going to be fulfilled by Amazon(It Amazon can).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks