What's new

Panny Tau 27" Screen Warp? (1 Viewer)

MattStills

Auditioning
Just got a new Tau 27" flat from Panny. This isn't very noticeable but it seems like the image is skewed towards the edges of the screen. It's hard to describe but if you're watching a channel with a news ticket, the left side will be cut off a tiny bit and if there is something at the top right it will be cut off also.

Seems like it would be something you could fix in the service menu pin cushion settings. I was wondering if anybody has a fix handy though so I don't have to spend hours doing it?

BrianDB

Agent
I have what perhaps is the same problem. Anytime white graphics of any kind show up on the screen the image along the horizontal axis of the graphics is warped to the left.

Anyone know what would cause this? Mine is a CT27SX11.

The Tau line of direct view televisions are not 100% flat picture tubes. I have a CT27SX11 in my living room and I really enjoy it. I was aware of this focusing issue on the sides of the screen before I bought it. The effect is apparent in most direct-view flat screen televsions of most every brand especially with images such as stock tickers and other scrolling text graphics.

The only way to truly get a 100% flat picture is to use either a rear projection television or a front projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks