What's new

Panny RV-31 -- Black level difference? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Does anyone know which setting on the RV-31 produces 7.5 IRE for black? Is it lighter or darker? I'm assuming it's the lighter mode... but can anyone confirm?

RyanT

Auditioning
Do other players besides the RV31 have this adjustability? I used my TV for a lot of things other than DVD, and need it adjusted for 0 IRE. I have the RV31 already, but after three days it's already having problems reading discs... I'm thinking of exchanging it for the Pioneer DV-440, but I can't find information anywhere of 7.5/0 IRE selectability on any other player. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,

Ryan

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Most/many Toshiba and Pioneer players have adjustable black level, and I know that both the Arcam DV88 and the Denon DVD2800 include this feature.

Many players from the Japanese manufacturers should include this feature as NTSC in Japan uses 0 IRE while North America is still at 7.5.

I find NTSC DVDs unwatchable with IRE 7.5, so always look for players with a 0 IRE option.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks