What's new

Panny RP91 broke. toss or fix? (1 Viewer)

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
My panny RP91 started this last week, I turn it on then it automatically turns off. Any one anything about this problem? Any advise? It is a really nice player and has outstanding picture I hate to throw it out, would it be worth repairing it?

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
Toss it, not worth fixing hardly anything other than your car these days. I just trashed a Sherwood Newcastle 945 receiver that died after 6 years...not worth fixing anything anymore.

SimiA

Second Unit
Ya know, I'd at least take it to a tech to see what's wrong.
If it's something simple, you may be able to save some $$.
Vb

Michael.M.C

Stunt Coordinator
Strange, my RP91 just started doing weird things this week. Playing a movie, it will freeze, go blank screen then shut off.

Unlpugged it, took the cover off (I wanted my DVD out and you have to pull them out backwards), later I plugged it back in and it works. Going to watch another movie to see what happens.

Love this model, and hope it is under warranty.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
It might be worth finding out what the repair cost will be. The RP-91 still has a respecatble resale value, because of its scaling ability.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ditta what Dan said. Also I think you can find new RP91s on eBay or other resellers for pretty cheap (compared to what we paid originally, anyway).

Jay Blair

Second Unit
The RP91 has good resale value not only for its scaling abilities, but because it is one of the best, if not the best, player you can modify for SDI output. Even if you don't fix it, don't junk it, sell it as-is, someone will probably buy it on eBay or one of the home theater forums just for the spare parts.

Users who are viewing this thread