What's new

panny plasma th-42pwd7uy (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking of getting the 6uy but they came out with the 7uy for the same price. What difference in PQ would there be? I like that they are selling it for the same price but has any one reviewed them. I seen that the life of them went up 60k over 30 k they were before. But if anybody has some info on the Pq that would be great. THX

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I haven't had a chance to see the 7uy yet, but from what I hear, the quality differences are relatively small. It's said to be about 10% brighter, and there were some other minor differences as well.

I had a 5uy, currently have a 6uy, and ordered a 7uy yesterday.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
So how are the blacks? Are they pretty close to black than other plasmas. i'm getting it for the livingroom with some light in it. I have read that people were putting back lighting to help the blacks which i could not see how.
I have bright yellow wall(wifes color:angry: ) do you think it could have a effect on the PQ during the day. the yellow really brightens up the room.
so where did you get your 7uy at? did you order from the net. if you could suggest a place that would be great? THX

Steve_L_B

Stunt Coordinator
The 7UY is supposed to have new phosphors that are much less prone to aging and burn-in. Aging to half brightness is now 60,000 hours, comparable to CRT. Also, early reports are that the 7UY includes discrete codes for input selection. These were present in the 5UY, but were removed (???) from the 6UY.

-Steve

SimiA

Second Unit
The 7UY has better burn in protection than my 6UY, and the blacks are great on my set.
If you need an e-tailer, try Lisa @:
http://www.plasmaextreme.us/plasma.htm
I purchase 3 sets from her, and her service was exemplary!!!
She reminded me of the service I gave in my B&M biz.
Vb

Steve_L_B

Stunt Coordinator

Sheldon,
Discrete codes allow you to access inputs and display modes directly instead of having to cycle through the choices with multiple presses of a single button. They are very useful for programming macros into a universal remote in order to simplify operation of a complex HT system.

-Steve

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Just picked up a Zenith P42W46X today, which has LG's new 5000:1 contrast, 1000 cd/m2 brightness panel, and Faroudja DCDi processing. Wow, I'm pretty impressed by it. Will have to compare when the 7uy gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks