Panic Room on BD?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Greg Mariotti, Aug 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Greg Mariotti

Greg Mariotti Stunt Coordinator

Hi David. Just wondering if you've had new talks with Sony to bring your excellent Panic Room DVD set over to BD. Many are anxiously awaiting its arrival.

thanks

2. David Prior

David Prior Insider
    Insider

Thanks for that. A lot of love went into that disc, and I was sad so few ended up being able to see it.

Nothing from Sony yet. Fight Club and Seven are likely to come first. But I sure would like to fix a couple of mistakes that squeaked through to the 3 disc Panic Room, so I'll be pushing for it.

3. Greg Mariotti

Greg Mariotti Stunt Coordinator

It looks like Panic Room is coming to the UK in April (to coincide with Benjamin Button on BD?)..

I would imagine that Sony will release it in the U.S. as well.

Can you find out more and make sure we get all the content from the 3 dvd version?

thanks!

4. Southpaw

Southpaw Supporting Actor

YES! I hope we get a U.S. version because I'm not sure a UK Sony release will be region free. And yes, everything that was on the 3 discer would be most excellent.

5. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    I rushed out and purchased the 3 Disc set for Panic Room the day it came out on DVD. So I will buy it again for Blu Ray. When that much works goes into a film and the special features it is worth it everytime. I still treasure my 3 disc set. Bought it the day it was released and still looks like new! :)

6. Southpaw

Southpaw Supporting Actor

From what I've read, there is a good chance this (UK BD) will be region free but I doubt any of the extras would play on a Reg A player as they will probably be in PAL format.

7. Gekkou

Gekkou Stunt Coordinator

Actually if it's from Sony the extras are probably NTSC. I believe it's the smaller labels that are hit-or-miss. I think that usually if the extras were produced in NTSC the studio will keep them that way, since it's a pain to convert from 60i to 50i.