What's new

Panasonic SA-HE200 with Klipsch speakers? (1 Viewer)

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
I am not sure if this is a receiver or a speaker question but I thought I would ask here.

Back in November I purchased a Panasonic SA-HE200S receiver. So far I have been very happy with it. I am currently using a JBL NSP1 set with a PB12 subwoofer. I now looking at buying some new speakers. I like the Klipsch Synergy series but I am concerned how they might sound with this receiver. The SA-HE200S receiver has a reputation for sounding very clean. Not necessarily bright but very clean. I am not sure how this receiver would sound with Klipsch speakers. I know Klipsch speakers sound best with warm receivers.

My alternative and more along my budget is the Wharfedale Diamond 8 series. These speakers have the reputation of being very smooth. They might be a better match for a sharp sounding receiver like the Panasonic.

One problem with the Wharfedale speakers is the efficiency rating. The are rated between 86db and 89db. The Klipsch speakers are the much more efficient at over 95db. Not sure if either will be a problem because the SA-HE200S receiver puts out 130W rated.

Right now I am just looking but plan to buy very soon. I would welcome any comments anyone might have on my choices.

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
I have an sa-he200, I also have klipsch rb5mkII the klipsch replaced some 89db prolx5 which sounded damn good.....
when I made the switch I recalibrated with my trusty rs meter and ref level stayed at -20 db I thought this was rather odd but what ever..since the sa-he200 is mosfet based which are sorta tubelike I think its a good match with the klipsch I however have no experience with the synergy line and I dont think that they (synergy) is up to par with the reference line.....

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Thanks for the info..

It seems everyone is telling me the Synergy line is not up to par and not a good value. Everyone I talk with recommends the Reference line. The prices are not all that much more either except the sub-woofers. The Reference sub-woofers are very expensive.

The amp section in the SA-HE200 is very good being Mosfet based. I am very happy with it and as soon as I bought I felt it deserved much better speakers then what I have. Unfortunately speakers are the one component that has yet to decrease in price compared to receivers and DVD players.

Jeff_Garcia

Agent
hey dont let anyone affect your judgements. Everyone has his or her own tastes. If you are curious of how your receiver will handle the klipsch, why dont you take the speakers home and test it out. you can always return it. Even tho i have the synergy, i will never be able to afford the reference right now. but i am really happy with what i have and thats all that matters. good luck

Cam S

Screenwriter
I have a Technics DA-10 amp running Klipsch reference speakers and they sound wonderful. I believe that Technics amps are a part of Panasonic, but I could be wrong. I don't think you will have any problems with the Klipsch speakers, but like others have said, the far better deal can be had from the Reference line, you won't regret it. Do however go and listen to them first though and let your ears decide!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks