What's new

Panasonic S77 Picture Mode observation (1 Viewer)

JasonRabb

Grip
Hey, for those of you with the Panasonic DVD-S77, check out this perplexing problem.

We have all seen players that have picture mode adjustments, I.E. Cinema mode, Dynamic Mode, etc. All of these picture mode make subtle changes to the picture quality...(darker or lighter, etc.)

Here's my problem, every so often, like every 5th dvd, my Panny S77 will RESET its picture mode from USER (which is what I want and what is calibrated,) to Cinema. It is enfuriating! Why would it do this? Has anyone else had this problem? It's a pain! = ) Thanks for anyone's help on this matter...

Jason

JasonRabb

Grip
Fixed it!

It turns out, when you go to "Picture Mode" on the unit, below "User", is an option for picture adjustment. You can save all your settings within this as DEFAULT User 1 or any of the others.
Since then, NO resetting to the Cinema 1 default picture mode. Now I ask you, not to rant or anything, but why couldn't TWO Panasonic techs simply tell me that this feature existed? I was very very clear on the phone about this. I am not as tech-savvy as some of you out there and rely on the paid "professionals" at Panasonic to advise me on a product I bought. Sorry to say, 2 of them recommended I unplug it or bring to a service station...SHEESH! = )

-Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks