Panasonic RP82 Dilemma Keep or Sell?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brian Crist, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Brian Crist

Brian Crist Auditioning

I just purchased a floor sample Panasonic RP82 that is in perfect condition for a good price. (possibly the last one in NYC) I already own the RP56 which is in its own right a very good player. I know that in a few months I would really like to get a universal player, ideally the Denon 2900 assuming it lives up to its advance specs. I don't really need 3 dvd players. So should I sell the RP82 now for a profit while the market is still fairly hot and use the proceeds from that sale towards the purchase of the Denon in a few months or should I hold onto the RP82 for a while? Any thoughts? Any idea if there will be at least some market for a used RP82 in 3 months from now? Also, any thoughts on how much better the RP82 is over the RP56 (other than in terms of obvious features such as DVD Audio). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

With the Samsung model coming out the H931 in a couple of months for a price of $300-350 I think the value of the RP82 will only go down. Unload it if you do not want to keep it.

3. Skyler

Skyler Stunt Coordinator

I would sell it. Look what they bring.
    [LINK TO EBAY AUCTION REMOVED BY ADMIN. DO NOT POST SUCH HERE.]

4. Mark All

Mark All Second Unit

Onecall gouged this guy for $455 plus $22 shipping for a display model.[​IMG]

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess. It's a good model, but certainly not really worth more than double the original asking price.

Brian, you better unload yours ASAP--as an investment it's doing better than the stock market right now. [​IMG]

5. Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99 Second Unit

well the avg price is not going for so high however. For the last month it looks like they are going for about 350 give or take. Onecall getting such a high price was a fluke it seems.

6. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Sent you an Email, Bri...

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I don't understand people. Yes, the 'RP82 is a good player (no chroma bug and DVD-Audio), but how can anyone pay $455 for a demo 'RP82 when the Denon DVD-1600, a better player, is readily available brand new for $500? What am I missing? [​IMG]

Brian, sell the 'RP82.

8. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Bri, I am interested and will be in your neck of the woods... Send me an Email...

[​IMG] D

9. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

The RP82 was a stand out best buy but I wouldn't expect DVD players to hold their value anymore than a personal computer these days [​IMG]