Panasonic PT-AX200U much better than PT-AE900U?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Woodpin, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Woodpin

Woodpin Auditioning

Has anyone compared the performance of these two projectors? I've searched with no luck. I own the 900U, and am still impressed with the cinema quality, though it needs complete darkness to be appreciated. I know this projector is an older model, but it still gets current rave reviews and still sells new in many stores for $700 to $1100. The PT-AX200U Is a current model that has slightly higher brightness and contrast specs, but seems to be advertised more as a gamers best friend and secondly as a good HT projector.

At a low price of $879 including shipping, is it worth the upgrade, or is it even much of an upgrade for cinema viewing? I just bought a new bulb ($230) for the 900U.

Any discussion appreciated.

Woody

2. Bob Maged

Bob Maged Stunt Coordinator

This has been discussed at avsforum.com in the FP

3. Woodpin

Woodpin Auditioning

Thanks, Bob, I'll check it out. Is the PT-L900 essentially the same as my PT-AE900U?

4. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard

I don't recall ever seeing a PT-L900U, but if there was one, it is the same as the PT-AE900U. Panasonic did have identical PT-L500U and PT-AE500U, but I think by the time the 900 model was out, it was only PT-AE900U.

Chris