What's new

Panasonic PT-AE900U Mounting (1 Viewer)

timNGY

Stunt Coordinator
I'm planning to ceiling mount this projector. The ceiling height is 9 feet. Some say that its ideal to have the projector centered vertically and horizontally on the screen, but this can only be achieve with a rear shelf mount.

How far down should the projector be from the ceiling? Should it be on level with top of screen or can it be higher? What are others doing with the Panny ceiling-mounted?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven't mounted mine in the ceiling yet because I'm too busy watching movies on it. But the rules are simple, you can mount it up to 60% of your screen height from the center of the screen. That means if your screen is 48" tall, you can mount it 26.4" from the center or 2.4" from the top of the screen. Mounting it at it's maximum limits your horizontal adjustments. At the max mounting location, you have to have it dead center horizontally. All of this is based on a level projector and using the joystick to adjust the image. You can tilt your project slightly and use the keystone correction but that will add distortion to the picture. You will have to be the judge as to how much is acceptable.

-Robert

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The vertical range is somewhat limited, and you don't even want to hit those limits to avoid distortion. It's best to keep the lens within the vertical boundaries of the screen. I dropped mine a few feet from the ceiling:

It's a CH setp, and you can see my Panamorph P752 vertical lens mounted in front. I'm not actually using it at the moment, though, as I don't have the requisite scaling, but there's enough zoom/shift in the 900 to allow CH without it.

Users who are viewing this thread