What's new

Panasonic PT-AE4000U - Dust Spec imperfection on screen? (1 Viewer)

LordX

Grip
Real Name
Brian
Hey all - I just bought a Panasonic PT-AE4000U Projector a few weeks ago. (Less than 2 weeks up and running!). I finally got all the initial glitches sorted out - and now am sitting down to finally truly enjoy the unit. While watching something very bright - I noticed a spec on the screen. I went up to the screen to brush it off - it is NOT on the screen. My next move was to examine the area between the PJ and the screen (dangling spider?) and the area was clean. I even brushed off the lens on the PJ to no avail. When I look at the lens - it looks like there are many glass surfaces - not just the one I can wipe. How can I clean this? And is this something I should be concerned with in a NEW Pj? Also - I had an old PJ for 4 years in the same room - never had this issue. Thanks for any info! PS - What material/cleaning solution would you guys recommend to clean the lens itself? I do NOT want to smudge or damage the unit of course - nor do I want to leave MORE residue than before it was cleaned.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
It sounds like it's a "dust blob" inside the projector. It may have to be taken apart to clean it. I would Pan. and see what they say. To clean the lens, I recommend the "Lens Pen". I bought mine at Art's Cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks