What's new

Panasonic PT-47WX49 Available (1 Viewer)

DanG

Stunt Coordinator
3. Convergence was horrible coming out of the box. said:
Convergence and SVM were major topics on the Panasonic RPTV egroup forum that I emailed you. As it turns out the PT-56 and PT-65 series have two edge enhancement circuits. SVM and something called Dynamic Edge enhancement. SVM on some 4:3 Pannys can be done in the service menu, but on mine it would require a jumper cable. As for Dynamic Edge enhancement this is tied in too much with the raster electronics to disable.
However, my set doesn't seem to have SVM operating. Other members of the Panny egroup who did disble their SVM didn't see any difference. We used the "needle pulse pattern" found on either the Video Essentials or AVIA DVD's.
Another highly recommended tweak that has improved the resolution on my 56 is the Hermann-TLV maneuver, where the width of the convergence lines is slightly reduced. The one drawback is that this might reduce light output levels, but the Pannys seem to have an overabundance of light output and this wasn't a problem at all.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks