Panasonic Plasma, Motion Trail Normal?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Anthony Liz, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz Stunt Coordinator

Hello everyone.

I have a Panasonic TH-42PX50U Plasma TV, with a Panasonic S97S DVD player. I'm using an HDMI cable to upconvert to 720p.

Today, for the first time, I noticed this motion trail...

[​IMG]

Notice the fire. I haven't been using HDMI that long, but is this an effect from it? Is it the cable, or is it simply the TV unable to catch up?

Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

That effect has been documented in Saving Private Ryan since that DVD came out Anthony so no need to worry. It was even pointed out to Steven Spielberg I believe.
    BTW, isn't the Panny simply amazing? I've had one for 2 weeks now and HD is just superb!

3. Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter Second Unit

4. Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Eric & Mike, and sorry for restarting something that already been discussed. I did try to search for something related, but I had no luck.

Anyway, yes, the Panny is awesome, including the price I paid for it. My only gripe is that you can't control the display for 4:3 images coming from an HD source. Analog, no problem, but since I have a HD Comcast box (an HD source), it automatically sets the image to 'full'. Wish I had more control over that.

I think this is a great plasma, especially now that I can upconvert my DVDs to 720p or 1080i.