What's new

Panasonic Plasma issue (1 Viewer)

NicholasY

Grip
I recently hooked up my new 42" panasonic plasma tv. The picture is awesome however I quickly noticed that when the entire screen picture is black then I can see horizontal lines on the screen. However if I switch to different signals to which no device is connected then the lines go away. Which leads me to believe that my tv is fine but that my DVD player is causing the problems.

I am using a brand new Denon 2900 with the best monster component video cable. I also have all the power running through a monster power center.

Has anyone else had this problem, how do I diagnose it?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Can be tough. This is usually always some sort of interference. 1st just try routing all video cables well away from all power cables.

This can be ground, electrical, or electromagnetic type interference, can be hard to nail down.

But horizontal line anything is usually interference of some sort.

John S

Senior HTF Member
As far as possible! lol

I know not what you wanted to hear. But I have fixed just this type of interference for quite a few of my friends, just by taking some zip ties in the back of the set, and making the cable lay out much more organized, keeping AC power connections away from Video Connections.

Component Video does seem rather suceptable to this sort of thing.

NicholasY

Grip

How did I know you were going to say that. LOL

I am going to do some organizing tonight and will post the results tomorrow.

Thanks

NicholasY

Grip
I have the TH-42PD25U/P 42" ED TV, it is an awesome TV! I am very happy with it. I have been looking at plasmas for a long time and this Panasonic is the best value out there right now in my opinion.

I was able to resolve the problem. My Denon 2900 DVD player was set to "Lighter", which made the blacks a light grey color, so light in fact that I was getting abnormal horizontal lines. I set the Denon to "Darker" and the blacks are now black, not grey. The horizontal line problem has totally disappeared. The picture looks great, I played will the picture settings and have it fined tuned very well now. At least for my own eye. I am going to borrow my friends caliberation disc to complete the setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks