Panasonic Dropping Plasma Business

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 10, 2013.

1. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Yeah when I sold wholesale...LG, Mits and Toshiba gave us "cash" for every X sold. You could stockpile it as the cash equivalent (except Mits) each time equalled a 26 or 32 basic model. I'd wait till my bonus cash was enough for a 40(biggest you could go and still UPS).They all went on EBay.

2. Robert_Zohn

Robert_Zohn Value Electronics
    Insider

Robert Zohn
  3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Very sad news indeed. I would buy a ZT60, but I have no place to put my VT50 display as I don't think it would fit in my bedroom in place of my 50GT30 display. I might have to do some checking again as I love these sets.

Question does the ZT60 use the same 3D glasses as the VT50?

4. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

EricJ
    I'm sure it's because the companies want to devote more R&D to the new gold rush! of 4K ( :D ), but...I remember when I was buying my first flatscreen, and buying Plasma for your home theater was like shooting seals because you wanted to decorate your rec-room:
    Plasma, we were told, were "the SUV's of home theater", energy eating, prone to screen burnout, only bought by conspicuously-consuming uber-experts who didn't care about their eco-footprints, and then...all of a sudden they were "okay" again after we all became experts. Guess I missed the memo.

(I remember changing my 720 LCD for a new 1080p LED/LCD 3D, and for some strange reason, my electric bill immediately went down $5 a month. I'm not throwing wild theories around, but I'm not exactly ready to go Plasma either.)