What's new

Panasonic Dropping Plasma Business (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah when I sold wholesale...LG, Mits and Toshiba gave us "cash" for every X sold. You could stockpile it as the cash equivalent (except Mits) each time equalled a 26 or 32 basic model. I'd wait till my bonus cash was enough for a 40(biggest you could go and still UPS).They all went on EBay.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Very sad news indeed. I would buy a ZT60, but I have no place to put my VT50 display as I don't think it would fit in my bedroom in place of my 50GT30 display. I might have to do some checking again as I love these sets.

Question does the ZT60 use the same 3D glasses as the VT50?

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Ronald Epstein said:
Wanted to make a quick comment on the above...

Plasma has always been my preferred choice when it comes to displays.

I don't think you can get better black levels anywhere. My opinion.
I have no problem holding on to technology that will soon pass. I am very
fond of plasma and I have no problem keeping that technology for the next
few years while we wait for the price of everything else new to come down.
I'm sure it's because the companies want to devote more R&D to the new gold rush! of 4K ( :D ), but...I remember when I was buying my first flatscreen, and buying Plasma for your home theater was like shooting seals because you wanted to decorate your rec-room:
Plasma, we were told, were "the SUV's of home theater", energy eating, prone to screen burnout, only bought by conspicuously-consuming uber-experts who didn't care about their eco-footprints, and then...all of a sudden they were "okay" again after we all became experts. Guess I missed the memo.

(I remember changing my 720 LCD for a new 1080p LED/LCD 3D, and for some strange reason, my electric bill immediately went down $5 a month. I'm not throwing wild theories around, but I'm not exactly ready to go Plasma either.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks