What's new

Panasonic CT-34WX50, Sony XBR2, or wait? (1 Viewer)

KimchiHo

Auditioning
Hi guys,

I did a few searches and was still unable to make a decision as to whether or not now is a good time to purchase a direct view 16:9 HDTV. I have demo'd both the Panasonic and Sony at a local Tweeter and they are both amazing. The opinions regarding which one is better seems to be pretty split, but I was wondering if anybody had any definitive info about the pros and cons for the two sets, other than the fact that the Sony has a built in decoder.

Also, as many of you may know, Sony is releasing a set of DVI enabled HDTV's, including the 34XBR800, in the fall. It seems as though it is unclear as to how this feature will affect the future of HDTV's, so I am hesitant to make a purchase now. Panasonic is also releasing its CT-34WX50 replacement, the CT-34WX52, some time this summer. I was wondering if anybody had any information about these upcoming sets if they have any clear advantages, features, etc. over the current available sets.

I would very much appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I would wait for the 2nd generation 40 inch XBR 4:3 tube with variable Digital Reality Creation. But if you are happy sitting 4 feet away from your tv, go with a 34.

Artie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks