What's new

Panasonic Blue Ray and My Linksys Wireless router don't talk (1 Viewer)

Markistroubled

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Sams
I have a panasonic DMP-BD85P-K blue ray player, and a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GZ Router. They do not talk to each other. Mind you I have another blue ray connected in the master bedroom and it works perfectly (magnavox). I attempted to change the location of the Panasonic to the master bedroom to see if location was the problem, but still no connection. After following the on screen intructions and searching for a access point many many times, the device detects the router. It will not however connect with it.

Help I want to see netflix on my TV.

Markistroubled.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
How are you connecting the Blu-ray player? Wirelessly through a wireless access point? Direct connection via Cat-5? Are you wanting to use the Blu-ray player to stream Netflix to your monitor in your living room?

I am not sure how you have everything hooked up with the Panasonic and why you need for it to go through a router to get to your TV in your living room vs. just plugging it into the set.

JackKay

Second Unit
I had problems just like you so I went to the AVS fourms that has a dedicated thread to the Panny 85 here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1230391 (80 pages)

One person wrote this:

Make sure you specify whether or not the router is using TKIP or AES encryption, not just the encryption key. Most devices seem to just automatically determine this, but for some reason the BD85 has to have this selected properly. That was a hangup for me for a few attempts.

Another wrote this:

I got the wireless working last night. I guess Tim asked the correct question when he asked if my router was WEP. I was thinking it was set correctly but wasn't. Once I changed it from WEP to the correct one, WPS, and added an encryption password. The wireless immediately worked with a full 5 bars of signal strength.

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I have a BD85 and the wep/wpa tripped me up. Make sure all of your settings in the player match your router config. Their implentation is a bit of a PITA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks