What's new

Panasonic Blu Ray lost its blue (1 Viewer)

MaggieD

Auditioning
Real Name
Maggie
Something went all wrong with the colors on my Panasonic DMPBD35 Blu Ray player. The only way I could describe it is that it lost its vibrancy. For example when the main logo screen comes on, it used to be a vibrant blue and now its just a dark greyish blue. When playing discs all the colors are off. I cannot figure what happened. I have a Panasonic Plasma TH-50px60u and I know its not the tv since my TiVo screen colors are perfect. Its just the Blu Ray player. I have zero abilities in this area so please forgive me, I thought I'd throw the question out there since I've had so much help on these boards in the past. Also sorry if question has been addressed I tried the search but of course I don't know what I am looking for. Thanks again! Maggie

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Is the Blu-Ray player connected with Component video cables (a set of three coaxial cables with Red, Green, Blue RCA jacks)? If so, check that all the RCA jacks are firmly connected at both ends - one or more may have come loose.

MaggieD

Auditioning
Real Name
Maggie
Thanks so much for your reply, Jason. I checked the back of the Blu Ray and yes the component cables are in correctly. However, the other ends are in the receiver. Unfortunately, I have to get someone to move the entertainment center so I can check back there. So that may take a day or so. I will post the outcome. Thanks for being so kind! Maggie

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
How much free space is there around your receiver and Blu-ray player?

(Each should have several inches on each side and at least 6 inches above it.)

How hot are they getting? After running for an hour or so, do they just feel warm or do they feel uncomfortably hot when you put your hand on their tops?

Sorry, but your mention of an entertainment center immediately raised a "red flag" for me. It could be that your electronic equipment is not getting enough cool air flow, resulting in it overheating. When electronics overheats, it "cooks" -- resulting in permanent damage to its circuits. Most entertainment centers require additional holes to be cut in the back and sometimes external fans are needed to keep the hifi equipment cool.

cutehai1115

Auditioning
Real Name
Hailinlin hai
MTS Converter is a 100% clean software that able to convert MTS files to other popular video and audio formats with high output quality. So you may ask this quesiton: what is the mts files? MTS format is a high-definition MPEG, AVC, H.264 transport stream video file format which commonly used by HD camcorders such as Sony, Canon, Panasonic..MTS files are used primarily with Sony hardware. Camcorders make use of MTS in the form of AVCHD, a recording format made specifically for camcorders. Some camcorder models from Canon also use MTS files. These files are also present on Blu-ray disc compilations, therefore they are capable of storing quite a large amount of information and data tracks. Using this professional mts file converter you can enjoy converted files without the loss of quality anywhere, anytime.It can helps you to get excellent images and high-quality video and audio. Of course, this mts video converter is also a nice MTS to AVI Converter , it not only can convert .mts file to avi easily, also can help you to transform mts to mp4 or convert mts to flv There are various kinds of popular videos nowadays, then convert among them like convert mts to mpg.Here is a strong and powerful tool to carry your points.
There is full guide for you to get-- How to convert mts files

MaggieD

Auditioning
Real Name
Maggie
I finally was able to get my father to come move my entertainment center. Jason, it seems the connection was the problem with the component cables to the receiver. They seemed fine but I unplugged them and then plugged them back in and then the colors were all back to normal. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate it! I am happy it was such a simple fix (apart from moving furniture) and not an expensive replace equipment problem. (By the way Selden, I checked around the compartments of the entertainment center and it seems ok even though its just about 4 inches around the sides of things and not 6 inches. But nothing was overheating, thank goodness. Thanks for that tip as well.) Thanks for always being so helpful on this board! Cheers, Maggie.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
Way to go, Jason. I've had to do a LOT of troubleshooting over the years as a mobile DJ. I would estimate 95% of my problems are the result of a improper connection.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Maggie:

Do you have the option to use HDMI from your Blu-ray to your Panasonic? Accell makes a great HDMI cable that has a snap in head on both ends that helps eliminate the cable unplugging from whatever it is plugged into.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks