What's new

Panasonic BD30 or Samsung BDP1400 ? (1 Viewer)

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
I was really leaning towards the BD30, but the price difference between it and the Samsung. And some of the negative comments about the BD30 DVD upconversion. Not sure I really care about the profile stuff. But the all codecs bitstream is a must.

IS the upconversion on the BD30 that bad and is the Samsung that much better then the Panasonic?

Or in general is the BD30 worth the extra for the Blu-ray content?

I have to decide today as my 12% Best Buy coupon expires and was all set on the Panny. But I am having those last minute doubts.

Thanks

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
I would suggest the Sharp BD-HP20. Decodes all advanced codecs except DTS-HD (analog or HDMI). Excellent picture and sound quality and I haven't experienced any problems yet (knock on wood). Read the Samsung 1400 threads and there seem to be many problems associated with that machine.

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ted,

Ended up getting the Panasonic. I read the posts you mentioned and other then price and DVD upconversion the Panny was always mentioned as being better.

DTS-HD was a must for me that is why no Sharp on my short list. Enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks