What's new

Painkiller played it? Thoughts, problem? (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
OK guys, I'm on the second major level, and I met the boss in the cemetary. That was very cool.

I already have my favoorite weapon, it's that spinning thing. When you right click it fires the claw out and grabs things.

The effects engine is the same as what the new Half Life will be right? looks really cool when the claw pulls things at you.

I find it hard to play this games at times because it's VERY buggy. I've downloaded the patches, and just updated my video card drivers, I guess I'll update the on board sound drivers and see if that helps too.

Any levels that will freak me out?? I love all the chanting, it makes the game "scarier", I just wish they could have made this game a little less like serious Sam and more a combination of exploring and fighting.

B

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Mostly console gamers here I guess.

This game keeps getting buggier the more I play. I've never had to reboot so many times in any game I've ever owwned!

B

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I played and beat it the first week it was out (April 4th, I think?) and it was buggy then. I think there's been 3 patches since then, have you installed those? Maybe that'll help.

None of it's scary, and it's not supposed to be an adventure/suspense game. Straight-up action, all the way through.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I bought this over Far Cry and wish I hadn't. I found it repetetive and I wasn't fond of the alternate fire on each weapon which seemingly tried to make up for the lack of the weapons. I just didn't get immersed into it.

The graphics engine was pretty sweet but the mansion map I got some slow down with the endless amount of those big ogre goobers with some electric shock stuff around their heads. I punished the game in 4 days and then brought into EB to save credit for Spiderman 2 [for Cube].

Apparently PK was a sleeper hit but it wasn't a pain killer for me.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Hmmm, i just started playing this the other day and am on level 3 (or part 3 of chapter 1 i guess) and I have had no problems with bugs or crashes so far. I did install the latest patch before playing.

I don't play many PC games and it is admittedly mindless but i'm enjoying it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks