What's new

Owning rare CDs (1 Viewer)

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Heck i have a sealed Couldnt Stand the Weather,SACD. I might ask $75 for it.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Ya, we can ask whatever we want, all we have to do is pay eBay. I don't know if asking a wild price is evidence it is worth it, but if somebody buys and you get paid, I guess it was, at least that time it was to somebody.

Chris

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
I've seen it go for 90 bucks but i just cant bring mysrlf to ask that much so 75 bucks must be a pretty fair price.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
According to this link , this was one of the first 50 titles released on CD by Sony on October 1, 1982. I recently happened upon a mint CD of this title. Given that this title most likely wasn't distributed outside of Asia, I would think there aren't that many discs pressed.

Otherwise, I have a good number of Hong Kong pop CDs pressed in West Germany/Japan between 1983-1986 that are fetching upwards of US$120.00 on internet auction.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I figure I will post the below pic of a CD I have....

Hahaha....Home Theater Owners Association?! And I was a charter member?!

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
My only real rarity is the original Japanese pressing of Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska. They initially used the wrong master tape that was, it most opinions, better sounding the mix used for the "official" U.S. release and included an extended version of one song. I actually paid almost $50 for it about fifteen years ago. Be interesting to see what it's worth right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks