What's new

OW my hand hurts (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I had a test today, short answer, 40 questions or something, a LOT more writing than I've done in a long time, not to mention I broke my wrist a few years back and excessive writing bothers it for some reason.
anyway, how much do you write? I was thinking about it on the way home, I think the most I write is a check any more. I have laptop and don't even write notes in class. My already terrible penmanship is getting worse because of it :)

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Now that I think about it, I very rarely write more than a few words at any time - maybe two or three times in a week. In meetings I will take a note pad, but at most I write down a word or two.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Typing has made my awful chicken-scratch only worse. Too bad I didn't want to be a doctor...:D
John.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
ha! so I'm NOT the only one :)
actually, it's to the point now that I can type so much faster than I can write, I MUCH prefer to type.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
My penmanship in entirely dependent on how long I have to write. If I have unlimited time, I can write quite well, but if I have to write a lot in a short period or if I get tired of writing, it looks like crap. This is finals week in high school, so I've done a lot of essay writing in the past few weeks. I also once broke my wrist, but I don't think it had any lasting effect. My arm was getting pretty tired today, but that's probably because I'm a whimp with no muscle.:b

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I also once broke my wrist, but I don't think it had any lasting effect.
trade you :)
I think what happened is when it broke it cracked some little bone right behind my thumb (I had a cast from my thumb tip to above my elbow) so anything requiring me to use my thumb much bothers it, writing, typing to some extent, using a mouse, etc.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Maybe you should try strengthing your wrist by...um...er...hand rotations. Yeah, that's what I meant! :D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, i hate writing long reports/essays.. the part of my hand that cramps ups the most, is the big muscle in my hand thats right under the thumb... Damn, if only i worked out that much on my pecs or biceps rather than my thumbs... muscular thumb muscles arent that attractive to the ladies :p)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I never write.
I type over 120wpm. I don't think it's possible to write (legibly, anyway) anywhere near that fast. As a result, even writing something as simple as a check just seems to take F O R E V E R ...
I used to have decent handwriting. Now, I don't even care. I just scribble things out to get them done. I can still write nice when I want to. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks