What's new

Directors Over-rated and under-rated things (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
There is nothing, I repeat, nothing in the world that can top having children.
For you, yes, but I am talking about percentages here. I hear so many people complain about their kids it's sad. Most people use them as an excuse rather than a blessing. So while you may be one of the exceptions, I still think children are generally the most over-rated thing around.

Example, How many times have you seen a murderers mother cry and say that her "Baby" is innocent. How many times have you seen parents who think their baby is "The most beautiful baby in the world" or "The smartest kid around" or "The most well behaved" or hear them say "My kid would NEVER do THAT!", etc.

Bah! Most people are so in love with their children that they think they can do no wrong. It's this attitude that makes kids over-rated (IMHO).

mark alan

Supporting Actor
I will agree that many children turn out to be horrible adults, if that is what you are talking about when you speak of overrated.

I will not agree with you that the experience of having kids is overated. It is underated, in that you don't know how cool it is until you have them.

10 years ago, I would have put "having kids" about 827 on my list of things I wanted to do. You will probably find out some day how really cool it is.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
And only someone with kids would make the statement you just made, so what's the difference?
The difference is the person with kids has experienced BOTH sides of the coin (life without kids and life with kids). The person without kids only knows one side of it.

Now, obviously, one shouldn't make a blanket statement one way or another, so I'll just speak on my personal experience. In my case, there has been nothing more satisfying to me than my kids. And it is something I could not even begin to understand before I had any.

wally

Second Unit
It is underated, in that you don't know how cool it is until you have them.
I would have to agree with that, but I'm sure a person dosen't know how cool it is to drive a Vette till they do. :)

The first time you see your child will change you at the most basic level forever.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ok, maybe I'm missunderstanding what "over-rated" means.

Isn't the definition of over-rated, something that people love and assume everyone else should love as well?

I believe kids are over-rated because I hear too many parents saying that people without kids don't know what it's like to have kids. Isn't that what makes things over-rated?

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Stay on target! Stay on Target! This is an opinion poll guys. What is overrated to some will be underrated to others. For the record, I have children, and consider it the absolute meaning of life, but to others, children could just be slobbering whining burdens... So to those who don't think they'd be good parents, do us a favor and use a condom.

Overrated : Art that requires an appreciation class to appreciate.

Underrated : Naps

- Cryo

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Stay on target! Stay on Target! This is an opinion poll guys. *SNIP* So to those who don't think they'd be good parents, do us a favor and use a condom.
What the???? You want us to stay on target, yet you close with THAT statement?

If you don't want the boat to rock, quit making waves.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What is overrated to some will be underrated to others.
Exactly. For the record, I have no problems if someone feels that kids are under-rated, just as I would have hoped no one had any issues with my stance of them being over-rated. To each his or her own. But considering some feel the need to challenge my stance, we now have gotten into a debate.

Why must parents be so vocal about those who don't have kids? Why must everyone constantly ask me "When are you going to have kids?" when I don't even have a girlfriend!

I don't have any problems when people post that they love their kids - I think it's great, but to make a statement to me that I would think different if I did have kids and that I should run out and have some to know what life is all about is my exact reasoning behind my statement of them being over-rated.

p.s. I see no one has challenged the "Marriage" as being over-rated. ;)

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Overrated... beer, blondes, much of the music and movie industry.

Underrated... Red heads, picnics, walks, PEZ dispensers.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
There is ALWAYS one who simply cannot stand differing opinions, and just HAS to reply, thus completely derailling a fun thread. It's called a thread fart. Thanks Mark Alan :thumbsdown:.

--
H

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
No Mark, we want you to run out, RIGHT NOW!!!
LOL - By the time my parents were 30, they had 16 children...of course the cops found out and they had to give them back to their original parents :laugh:

Over-rated: Rating systems ;)
Under-rated: Enjoying things no matter what everyone else thinks :D

mark alan

Supporting Actor
Overrated - Threads which stay on topic

underated - the joy of arguing about topics which have no relevance to the thread.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Overrated: underrating things
Underrated: overrating things

Wait a minute, that didn't make a lick of sense.....

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks