Ovation Sound and Vision?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Quinn, May 19, 2004.

1. Quinn

Quinn Stunt Coordinator

How does this compare to Avia? I have DVE, but would like Avia due to the superior LFE test tones. However, I can't seem to find Avia at the stores close to work. Best Buy has Ovation. Is Ovation any good?

2. John Tami

John Tami Stunt Coordinator

If that is the Sound & Vison Cal disc:

1.. Best Buys version is a rip off IMO...you can get it at most places like Fry's or Circuit City for like $15....minus the bogus Net links in BB's version that mean nothing (IMO) and allow them to sell it for double.

2. Guy @ Ovation (they make both this and Avia) said that this (the S&V disc) is an updated easy to use version of Avia that is good enough for 95% of users.

3. It has no Cal Sub tones....there are Sub tones...but not for Cal purposes. Email with Ovation verified that.

4. It is much less detailed then Avia or DVE...one filter..less test screens....it may be enough though. I've liked the results so far.

5. Latest versions of DVE may have the Sub tone fixed. (I just got it at deepdiscountdvd.com for $16 shipped free) I have not verified or used mine yet. Edward in here has given correction values if you use it messed up version. Works fine then.

3. Frank A

Frank A Stunt Coordinator

Quinn, you can buy the Avia at both Amazon.com or Digitaleyes.net(I think it is net). I just ordered one from them.

thx, Frank

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Avia is also by Ovation, but the S&V Home Theater Tune Up does not have all of the features of Avia.

5. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Second Unit

Once you find out if they have been corrected or not please let me/the forum know, thanks!