What's new

Ovation Sound and Vision? (1 Viewer)

Quinn

Stunt Coordinator
How does this compare to Avia? I have DVE, but would like Avia due to the superior LFE test tones. However, I can't seem to find Avia at the stores close to work. Best Buy has Ovation. Is Ovation any good?

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator
If that is the Sound & Vison Cal disc:

1.. Best Buys version is a rip off IMO...you can get it at most places like Fry's or Circuit City for like $15....minus the bogus Net links in BB's version that mean nothing (IMO) and allow them to sell it for double.

2. Guy @ Ovation (they make both this and Avia) said that this (the S&V disc) is an updated easy to use version of Avia that is good enough for 95% of users.

3. It has no Cal Sub tones....there are Sub tones...but not for Cal purposes. Email with Ovation verified that.

4. It is much less detailed then Avia or DVE...one filter..less test screens....it may be enough though. I've liked the results so far.

5. Latest versions of DVE may have the Sub tone fixed. (I just got it at deepdiscountdvd.com for $16 shipped free) I have not verified or used mine yet. Edward in here has given correction values if you use it messed up version. Works fine then.

Frank A

Stunt Coordinator
Quinn, you can buy the Avia at both Amazon.com or Digitaleyes.net(I think it is net). I just ordered one from them.

thx, Frank

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Avia is also by Ovation, but the S&V Home Theater Tune Up does not have all of the features of Avia.

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank

Once you find out if they have been corrected or not please let me/the forum know, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks