What's new

Outlaw 755 vs. Rotel 1095? (1 Viewer)

Karl Englebright

Stunt Coordinator
I've done some searches and haven't found comparisons of these two amps. I've heard the Rotel in demos at my local dealer, but have never heard the Outlaw. Has anybody had a chance to listen to both of them?

I am considering both of them, but the obvious price difference ($1,299 vs. $1,999) is making me lean towards the 755. I plan to get an Outlaw 950 but I am still wondering about which amp to get.

I'm not really interested in comments like "Amp A blows away Amp B, hands down!" I just want to get an idea of sound characteristics (one sounding "warmer" or "smoother" than the other, etc.). Sound characteristics is the most important criteria for me.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Since Outlaw is sold only through internet direct, it would be hard to find a person with both amps. I have the Rotel myself, and from what I've read 2 other very comparable amps that you might wanna consider are the Parasound HCA-2205AT and the Sherbourn 5/1500A.

RichardHOS

Second Unit
If "sound characteristics" is your most important criteria, then sleep well and buy the cheaper option. Neither will sound "warm, smooth, bright, harsh, airy, punchy, laid-back, detailed, open, veiled, opaque, or transparent." They're both well designed solid state class AB amps, and would be utterly indistinguishable at the same output level (say, 50W).

Nick V

Second Unit
I tend to agree with Richard on this one. I'm probably gonna go with the Rotel 1095, but my experience demoing equipment tells me that the preamp/processor has a lot more influence on the sound of your sytem than the amp does.

Go with whichever one suits you the best, and be happy with your system!!

BTW, supposedly the Rotel is slightly warm, and the Outlaw is neutral, although I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference in a blind/level matched test.

Yogi

Screenwriter
Rotel is slightly warm sounding and Outlaw is slightly bright sounding. So you have to choose based on your listening preference and your speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks