What's new

Outer Limits (New Series) Season 1 Coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Some retail sources have recently contacted us to let us know that MGM will release the entire first season of 1995's The Outer Limits on November 1! The show was first released in two themed collections back in September, 2002, then followed up with four more themed releases, and a box set containing all six discs, in June of this year. We assume sales of the box set were good enough to prompt the studio to release the first season. Hopefully fans don't grumble that there will be duplication with what they already own; only 6 episodes from season 1 have been released on DVD ("Quality Of Mercy," "The Second Soul," "I, Robot," "The New Breed," "Valerie 23" and "Caught in the Act").

Here's a list of the season 1 episodes:
The Sandkings (1)
The Sandkings (2)
Valerie 23
Blood Brothers
Second Soul
White Light Fever
The Choice
Virtual Future
Living Hell
Corner of the Eye
Under the Bed
Dark Matters
The Conversion
Quality of Mercy
The New Breed
The Voyage Home
Caught in the Act
The Message
I, Robot
If These Walls Could Talk
Birthright
The Voice of Reason

Please remember that this has not been announced by the studio yet, and the date may change.

[Edited by Mark Talmadge]

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
When I went to pick up Profit and Thundercats yesterday, I could've sworn I saw a complete Season 1 boxed set for the new series on HMV's shelves. Has it already been released in Canada?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, GL. Didn't occur to me. At any rate, it's about time that they released this series is seasonal boxed sets. I never bought any of those "best of ... episodes" because they simply weren't worth buying. Now that a season one set has been let loose I can't wait for this set to arrive.

The only Outer Limits that has been released so far is a 5 disk set that contains scattered episodes collected onto a "best of" DVD set.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the information Gord.

This is excellent news and a definite sale here. Many consumers, myself included, prefer full season sets to themed releases that do not include all seasons.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
*begin rant*

Son of a bitch.

I just spent $40 a few weeks ago when the new "themed" discs were released.

I wasted $35 on E-Bay buying the syndicated "Best of Seasons 1 & 2" released in Canada by Koch

Now MGM finally makes the long overdue announcement?!?!

Jeez. It's a bout god damn time

MGM - thanks for making me waste my money in the mean time. You're evil, but I'll be buying this on November 1st. :laugh:

*end rant*

Hopefully, it won't be too much of a wait between complete season releases. I'd like to have the entire series on DVD in a reasonable amount of time.

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
The suggested retail price for this new set will be $59.95. (Of course, the price you actually pay is usually much lower than SRP.)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Since it's MGM, I would anticipate 2-3 seasons per year to be released, the same it was for Stargate SG-1.:D

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Gord - as long as MGM continues to use the uncut episodes as they originally aired on Showtime, I am more than willing to overlook the fact that I already have 6 episodes from Season 1. I am a little disturbed that the listing has "The Sandkings" broken into 2 parts, since I remember it airing as a feature-length pilot on Showtime (unless maybe it was 2 parts shown back-to-back?) BUT as long as it is the Showtime version and not what I have on the Koch discs, I'll be happy.

What season is "The Refuge" from? It's one of my all-time favorite episodes. I thought it was from the first season, but I don't see it on the list. I was disappointed that it wasn't featured on the recent "Death & Beyond Collection" disc. It would have fit in very nicely.

*Edit* According to TV.com "The Refuge" is the 11th episode of the second season. :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

It's actually a "best of seasons 1 and 2" release that was limited to Canada. Those are the Canadian versions of the episodes which leave some material out.

Gord

John*D

Second Unit
Hopefully these will be the uncensored SHOWTIME episodes...

It's about time they released a full season, rather than those themed discs.

DanMel

Second Unit
"What season is "The Refuge" from?"

This is also one of my favorite episodes and it is in season 2. Most of the shows I have seen started at season 2 and don't know if I have seen very many from the first season.

Here are the second season episodes and they contain many of my favorite episodes:

23: A Stitch in Time
24: Resurrection
25: Unnatural Selection
26: I Hear You Calling
27: Mind Over Matter
28: Beyond the Veil
29: First Anniversary
30: Straight and Narrow
31: Trial by Fire
32: Worlds Apart
33: The Refuge
34: Inconstant Moon
35: From Within
36: The Heist
37: Afterlife
38: The Deprogrammers
39: Paradise
40: The Light Brigade
41: Falling Star
42: Out of Body
43: Vanishing Act
44: The Sentence

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Got this set and "Caught in the Act" will make you fans happy.

They come in three slimcases with the first two cases holding two discs each and the last case holds one. The discs are single-sided and are released by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The back of the cases contain plot synopsis while inside (under the discs) are the credits for each episode. The graphic design inside and out looks really nice.

The episodes I skimmed through look and sound good with no major blemishes that I could see or hear.

I watched the "documentary" for "Caught in the Act" and it's one of the lamest "documentaries" I've seen. Talk about misleading.
-

Kev_S

Grip
Real Name
Kevin Shinner
Has there been any news on season 2?

I REALLY hope they at least make it to season 2 as that has nearly all my favorite episodes of the series! :)

Kev_S

Grip
Real Name
Kevin Shinner
Yeah The New Breed was my fav episode from season 1.

I have to have season 2 with episodes like: A Stitch In Time, Vanishing Act and my all time fav Mind Over Matter. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks