What's new

Our member Romier S (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Two days ago, I asked those who showed concern about the suspension of Romier_S to wait, because final decisions would be taken in (as I said) as little as a few hours.

Little - - little did I know that it would take almost two days to have elaborate conferences among the moderator staff (even hindered somewhat by a N-US power outage), read lots of posts, visit another gaming forum, and, most important, have discussions and exchange explanations with some of the people who were involved mostly.

It is not in our habit to report publicly about dealings we have with individual members, but in this case (and a promise is a promise, after all) we feel we will have to inform you about the outcome of these conversations.

The staff of the HTF feels that, due to circumstances, Romier, as a result of a very unfortunately worded post of his, has become a victim to an extent we do not deem just. Romier has been a valued member of this forum for a long time, most of us loved his insights (and his reviews :) ), and we think he should be able to post here.

Acknowledging this, Ron Epstein has fully restored his posting privileges on this forum.

As it appears, Romier has been working on a gaming site of his own (Kelley_B is one of the other co-owners), and Romier informed us he will post significantly less over here - no longer because of a grudge, but because the work on that forum, still partly under construction, takes so much of his time.

However, he is free to post here to his heart's content. Currently, both parties do hope that together we may find a nice way to co-exist as two different forums with lots of commonly shared members. If we succeed in doing that, you may hear more about that in the future.

Also, you may expect some changes in this area that will be implemented by the moderators of this forum.

Cees

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Cees and the HTF admins for showing trust in the folks on this forum to understand the full story of what happened.

Yes I am alive and well and I wanted to do one last post before going all "hibernation" on you.;) I do want to give an apology to everyone here for my outburst in that thread. It certainly was not like me but my temper came to a head that day and look where it got me.

I'll still be around but as mentioned I have other endeavours on my plate that require my full attention so my presence here will be extremely limited to almost non-existent for the time being.

I'm glad the HTF administration is taking a look at the Video Game forums and implementing changes that will no doubt be helpful and are very needed. I hope that this area can be what it was again. This was the best damn dive on the net to talk games and I look forward to seeing it brought back to that state. (Though you'll have some healthy competition:D from a friend).

In the meanwhile things ended amicably and I'm heading out to do my thing. Everything has been sorted out so lets get back to talking games.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Although it seems odd to say that I'm impressed with any behavior surrrounding the incident and my own regrettable part in it (Free Romier logos anyone?), I am.

Cees and Jay Mitchosky handled themselves with grace and humor throughout it all and showed -- by example -- how mature adults handle it when things turn nasty.

It would be naive to think that any community can maintain itself and grow without hiccups. It would be farfetched to think there are many communities that can handle it as smoothly and publicly as HTF.

Thanks to Cees and Jay and HTF and its members (including Romier) for showing the way.

Full disclosure: I am associated with another site -- and I firmly believe that a healthy HTF is good for everyone. You folks have shown how committed you are to keeping HTF a healthy forum for mature, intelligent discussion.

Thanks again.

-j

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Thanks for taking the time to explain things to us. Very cool to see things end on a high note.:emoji_thumbsup:

Edit - Let us know when your site is up and running Romier. Hopefully you'll still post reviews here too, but if not I'll be stopping by your site. I always appreciated that your reviews felt like very unbiased.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I knew that it would all be sorted out once a little investigation was performed. Good job Cees.:emoji_thumbsup:

See you here and there, Romier.;)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I am glad that things have been resloved.:emoji_thumbsup:
Now we can get back to talking games - the main reason why I am "here" & "there" :D

Leslie W

Stunt Coordinator
With all the " here " & " there " and " everywhere else " running around the internet, I am still glad I was pointed to HTF in the first place.

We have met so many great people here who share our interests in gaming and HT stuff.

I am glad everything has been worked out. :emoji_thumbsup:

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
Sorry, I'm not aboard the "all is well" bandwagon. The heavy-handed way this was handled, not to mention the inconsistent application of long-ignored rules by often-absent moderators, has soured my appreciation for this forum.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Glad to see this got resolved so well.

And hey, if you're looking for mods for the computer/video game forums... ;-)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Ron asked for my opinion on what happened with the whole situation right befor the recent Scooterpalooza event began, and I really got the impression that he understood what had happened and that he was on Romier side. From what I could tell, the whole thing was pretty much the mods getting in the middle of the situation right after it had gotten way out of control (but I think that's not their fault, I think that we, as the members of the forum, should have held it back before it blew up). Once they got there, they put a stop to it, then waited for the dust to settle to see what really happened.

Whatever it is that went on behind the scenes, I think this is really the outcome that most people wanted, and I'm happy that everything is done and over with.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
All really isn't well since over a hundred members are now posting & spending time at another forum.
And before this incident, thousands of HTF members were also active members of DVD Talk, HTT, AVS, The Spot, xblracing.com granturismo.com and a zillion other forums that have varying degrees of overlap with things we talk about here at HTF.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Way to go HTF!!! You made the right decision. Romier was perhaps the single most important poster in this section. Thanks to the HTF for doing the right thing.

We missed you Romier.

-Marshall

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I'll put my name in the happy hat, as well.

Glad to see things have been worked-out. Let's keep the appropriate mods in their respective areas. (Unless that's part of the changes...)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
the appropriate mods in their respective areas
All moderators cover the entire board. That's the way it's always been. The assignments you see at the top of each forum indicate who receives the reported post notifications -- a function, BTW, that doesn't seem to have gotten much use in this area.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks