What's new

Our Home Cinema (1 Viewer)

PMiddy001

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Middleton
Hi all,
I'm Pete and just wanted to give our private cinema a mention. It has 25 cinema tip-up seats, projection room equipped with 8mm, 16mm, 35mm, DVD and Blu-Ray. Kef sound system. It was constructed using a purposely built Dencroft Garage (largest one they had ever supplied at the time - 35ft in length)
I remember filling 3 nine ton skips with soil due to the sloping floor.
Positioned at the bottom of the garden away from any neighbours, its always nice to turn the volume up a little!
I attach a very poor picture taken with my mobile that does not justify the scale of the place.
Cheers for now!

Zerock

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
That is just truly beautiful PMiddy001. More pics would be appreciated, if you have the chance.

-Zerock

PMiddy001

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Middleton
Thanks Zerock,
It's a shame in a way because both my Dad and I have put in so much hard work. We get the same regular groups in for monthly showings and they just don't seem to appreciate any of it. We would really like to find people like yourself that live around the West Yorkshire area to share our hobby with.
Cheers again for your reply!
Pete

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN

I know exactly what you mean. My HT system is not on the level of yours, but it still took up a fair number of man-hours. My wife is just not into it and is completely happy watching movies on the 65" RP TV we have upstairs.

Great job!!! Can't wait for more pics to appear [hint];)

John

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Pete:

If you have someone that you know with a digital camera take some pictures and send them my way and I can crop them and put them in this thread. We also have a gallery that you can upload pictures to here.

Cheers,
Parker

PMiddy001

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Middleton
Hi all,
Thanks very much for your interest. I will post some better pictures once I sort my camera out. I have photographs stored on the card but the computer seems to be in a bad mood and does not recognise the camera at the moment.

I can understand the feeling John. It seems that members of the opposite sex do not seem to appreciate our hobby that much, and who can blame them?? They spend hours making themselves look pretty and then we sit them in the dark for hours on end!

It would be nice to be featured on the gallery Parker, I'm off work over Easter
so I will certainly borrow a friends camera to capture the pics into my system and then post them onto the forum along a nice still of our Kalee 21 machine.

The only thing I've ever consider marrying!

Cheers lads!
Pete

PMiddy001

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Middleton
Here are some pictures of the place - sorry about the delay!

I spend most of my time here when not making films of my own

(The terrible shadow on the last picture is the wide angle lens - sorry about that)

Cheers,
Pete

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Wow...holy crap that's cool! I imagine you can screen your own work, invite half the neighborhood over for a movie night, or just enjoy a "real" movie without all the noisy idiots who usually attend the cinny! If I wore a hat, I would doff it!

PMiddy001

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Middleton
We had 20 people in earlier tonight. Abba the Movie remastered on Blu-Ray. The cinema is cut off from any neighbours with it being down the bottom of the garden so it was nice to play it LOUD! Everybody seemed to enjoy.
Cheers for the reply.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
It's great to have such a large family...I know you'd never break copyright with non-related persons watching a film in your "detached room" Wink. Perhaps even a nudge.

PMiddy001

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Middleton
Oh, of course not! Never...
But then again, I wouldn't see any rules being broken by inviting a non paying second removed cousins friend from the odd film club now and again... Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks