What's new

Our History (1 Viewer)

paulandcarroll

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul and Carroll
We got our feet wet with the purchase of the Samsung HT-C6930W - home theater system - 7.1 channel. Needless to say that ended up to be a disaster, and a nightmare. We purchased the system from Hhgregg with an additional 5 year extended in home service plan. A year after owning the system we started to have problems with the surround sound wireless unit. Jan 5, 2013 we drove an hour to the store to bring our unit in for service. Was told our extended service was an in home service plan and we need to call them. We did and a week later we get a call from a Rhode Island company assigned to service our unit. We live in PA and was told they do not service our area. Was given a number to call who gave me a number to call…. You get the idea all to end up calling the warranty company to reassign the service call. Finally told there was no service in our area we would have to ship it out and they sent us packing slip to send it out. Only problem? They sent a repair order for a MP3 player and not home theater. Then told to bring it to a local repair center, who would not take it without work order. Drove hour and half to them only to return home with surround sound system. They were issued work order but then got a call say they do not have anyone to service our unit. After several calls and several days got tired of the run around and called Hhgregg corporate office. They talked the talk but when it came to following through they dropped the ball. Was told a refund was requested and should have an answer within a few days. Never heard anything and when I called the service company who knew nothing about the refund. Called corporate again left message but never heard back from them. Thought everything was resolved but it wasn’t and has dragged on and on. Finally got tired of the run around and called Hhgregg corporate but never heard back from them. Called the corporate office and asked to speak with the President/CEO of the company and left message with his assistant. Never heard anything and called the PA Attorney General and filed a formal complaint. The next day got a call from Hhgregg the same person I left two messages with and never heard back from them. She said she looked into it and I have to bring the unit to the store. I told her that was the first thing we did. Needless to say Feb 20th 2013 we brought the unit back to the original store who instead of sending the unit out for service allowed us to exchange it for another unit. In addition they gave us an additional service plan for 5 years at no cost. Hhgregg corporate sent a $100.00 gift card, and a check for $50.00 for our inconvenience. Today we are the new owner of the Onkyo HT-S7500 7.1 Surround sound system. We have only had it for about two weeks and so far so good. We enjoy the component system over the Samsung all in one unit. The new unit was easier to set up and sound quality outperforms Samsung unit. The only problem is getting the correct layout for the speakers getting the best sound for the 7.1 speakers. We posted a request for help in the forum and hope someone will be able to help us. We look forward to exploring the web site and gaining knowledge from all the information. Thanks Paul and Carroll

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey Paul & Carroll:
Welcome to the HTF!
I'm sure our resident experts will help you have things figured out faster than you can say Jackie Robinson.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy the forum!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Welcome.

What issues are you having with setting up your speakers? There are several great DVDs that you can get that walk
you through placement and optimal settings for your speakers. One thing to pick up when you can is a good dB meter
at Radio Shack or such.

There are also members on the forum that can come into your home to help set your system up.

I am sure you will get plenty of help from members.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks