Other 70's Detective Shows? (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesSmith

What about Hec Ramsey?

This is a series I'd love to see come to DVD. I'd buy it without even thinking. As best I can deduce (from multiple people in the know) this was a property that Timeless was looking at, but there's nothing on the schedule as far as I know. It would be a perfect fit for Timeless, and I hope it does come out soon. But as of right now the word I'm getting is that it's not on the schedule.

Having said that, I've seen things sneak up and appear on the release schedule before that I had no idea was coming. So maybe we'll get an announcement for Hec Ramsey later today. LOL - but you really don't ever know for sure, so anything is possible.

Gary "really bummed that this one hasn't come out yet" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just a suggestion.....Madigan being released by VEI or Shout! Factory? The movie Madigan, which preceded the series, was available on DVD but I think it's now OOP.

With Shout! continuing Kojak on DVD on Region 1, and Police Story starting on DVD (also Region 1) in September, I thought Madigan might be a good possibility for release by them. I can't recall it having been repeated on UK TV in a long time.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Just a suggestion.....Madigan being released by VEI or Shout! Factory? The movie Madigan, which preceded the series, was available on DVD but I think it's now OOP.

With Shout! continuing Kojak on DVD on Region 1, and Police Story starting on DVD (also Region 1) in September, I thought Madigan might be a good possibility for release by them. I can't recall it having been repeated on UK TV in a long time.

The film of Madigan was released on DVD in 2010, probably as part of selling effort for the series. It is not out of print. Does anyone know how the series dealth with the fact that Madigan died at the end of the film? I assume it ignored it somehow.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
They never mentioned it. Perhaps (a) the series was an early "prequel," (b) his soul was transferred to Dr. McCoy and then returned to his body during a Vulcan rite, (c) it was a dream, (d) this was a second case of resurrection, or, most likely, (e) they hoped nobody would notice.

Personally, I go with (b).

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jack P

There's also still a dozen episodes of "Arrest And Trial" that haven't been released that Timeless should try and do (including the pilot).

You should be getting your wish some time in the near future. The good news is that it will include the one episode that no one has.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

What about Hec Ramsey?

James

I know it was supposedly in the works but may have been derailed by an issue with the elements due to the fire.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Danny, any word on Timeless revisiting Brenner and giving us the missing eleven episodes?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
ToddR2 said:
Danny, any word on Timeless revisiting Brenner and giving us the missing eleven episodes?
Not likely to happen as it is apparently a PD show so as with most PD shows, elements are scattered, lost, etc. A few episodes are MIA while others, the elements are not in great shape.. What was released were the best episodes they could find, condition wise. If somehow good prints of the other 11 were found, its possible but as of now, no.

S

silverking

Jack P said:
What about more of "Riverboat"?
A show worth watching just for Darren McGavin. Their previous release comprised of 'collectors prints', indeed one episode on that set was completely wrong. I don't know if they have access to better copies now. Not wishing to stray 'off thread' but I understand they now have access to much better prints of the two 'Laramie' colour seasons & all the missing episodes from S1 & 2 of 'Tales of Wells Fargo' (bar one) so possible they might revist' them.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverking

A show worth watching just for Darren McGavin. Their previous release comprised of 'collectors prints', indeed one episode on that set was completely wrong. I don't know if they have access to better copies now.

Not wishing to stray 'off thread' but I understand they now have access to much better prints of the two 'Laramie' colour seasons & all the missing episodes from S1 & 2 of 'Tales of Wells Fargo' (bar one) so possible they might revist' them.

At this point almost everything Timeless releases is solid quality so I'm always in for new releases from them! Thanks for that tidbit, Chris.

Gary "wish they could get their hands on Hec Ramsey, but I'm guessing the Uni fire may have made that impossible at this point" O.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'd love to see Hec Ramsey as well, I have it already on some old recordings and while that quality's not the best it's mostly due to a generational thing, the source material is probably acceptable enough condition so maybe they want to reconsider it. If it survives, that is. Also, Timeless released The Oregon Trail (a good underrated series) and it's looking pretty drab and anything but great but still watchable, so if Hec Ramsey is anything in that neighborhood it wouldn't surprise me, then they ought to go for it in my opinion. Sure hope old Hec's not all gone up in smoke.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by JoeDoakes

The film of Madigan was released on DVD in 2010, probably as part of selling effort for the series. It is not out of print.

And I was thinking the Madigan movie was out of print. The last time I checked I was sure copies weren't available to buy directly from Amazon UK and Play.com. It must have been that new copies were just available from marketplace sellers on their websites.

Amazon UK have a listing for both the UK Region 2 and US Region 1 releases. It says on there that the Region 1 version was released in 1999 and the Region 2 version was released in 2005. Did Universal re-release it in 2010?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks