What's new

Oscar-winning actor Cliff Robertson dies at 88 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Cliff Robertson, who starred as John F. Kennedy in a 1963 World War II drama and later won an Academy Award for his portrayal of a mentally disabled bakery janitor in the movie "Charly," died Saturday, one day after his 88th birthday.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/09/oscar-winning-actor-cliff-robertson-dies-at-88.html

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I best remember Cliff Robertson for his role in a great episode of The Twilight Zone called A Hundred Yards Over The Rim. Plus, he was in another TZ, he played Uncle Ben in the Spider-Man movies and was the President in Escape From L.A.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Wow Travis,you remember Escape from L.A. ? Some memory you got there. But youre thinking of Outer limits in the episode The galaxy being. As for Cliff, i do remember him in Charly and how he looks when he's still intelligent enough to know the outcome of the experiment. Spiderman,Twilight Zone and Brainstorm in 83. R.I.P Cliff.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I saw Escape from LA in the theater. The best part was the trailer for Beavis and Butt-Head Do America. Just in case you're curious, the other trailers were for The Island of Dr. Moreau and The Ghost and the Darkness. Not exactly sure why I remember that.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/11/movies/cliff-robertson-oscar-winning-rebel-dies-at-88.html?_r=1&ref=obituaries

That "Moondoggie" is 74 and "Gidget" and "The Big Kahuna" have passed on only adds to this accelerated aging experience.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
In remembrance this week I will watch some of his films I have - 633 Squadron, Charly, JW Coop and Too Late The Hero. A gifted down to earth actor who also loved flying. I watched a five part interview with him on YouTube recently, well worth watching.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Very sad news this, about Cliff Robertson. I think the only film I've seen him in was the first Spiderman film. Aside from that I remember watching him in the 1983-84 season of Falcon Crest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks